Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Breaking: Phillip Hughes passed away

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hit him on the neck, split an artery and caused a hemorrhage on the brain, ball didn't touch his skull. Bleeding is always the biggest problem with brain/head (and in this case neck) injuries, not shattered bone.

Very freak, 100 cases on record and only one other from a cricket ball. Here's hoping regardless of logic, Abbot can emotionally pull through and get on with his career, I'm sure that's what Hughesy would want.

Thank god a sensible post , that is exactly what Phil Hughes would want , I haven't heard how Phil Hughes family are feeling towards Sean Abbott , but I hope it without animosity or blame .

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
This is why I never use this site no more until this morning, I use this no more cause no one on here gives a correct answer, plus smart ass faggot adult males above me who need to be flogged and killed, you watch out who ever you are #### cause you will be next in the sky being a smart ass faggot like that, I mean it mothee ####er and you no doubt you did #### youre mum to post such a thought of pic, you ####ing faggot human living rude thing, ####s like you will be ####ed up in life.

the #### #### it #### and #### so you can #### right over the #### it #### messing your mother #### planking buster #### butch handy #### ebola #### #### #### #### ####!!!!!

also, nugget buster....

M

mwb235

This is why I never use this site no more until this morning, I use this no more cause no one on here gives a correct answer, plus smart ass faggot adult males above me who need to be flogged and killed, you watch out who ever you are #### cause you will be next in the sky being a smart ass faggot like that, I mean it mothee ####er and you no doubt you did #### youre mum to post such a thought of pic, you ####ing faggot human living rude thing, ####s like you will be ####ed up in life.

Wow what a valuable contribution to this forum you are. If you don't like it here then just leave...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Do we have an annual thread for Rant of the Year? That one from Commodore Countdown or Count up or whatever wins my nomination.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
For those who are interested in why Phil Hughes death resonated so much with a vast majority of Australians and indeed, a large portion of the sporting world, read this:

Phil Hughes funeral: A celebration of a wonderful life

Here is an excerpt:

713053-08415fa4-7aac-11e4-98b0-29194a96f3cc.jpg

And then the procession. Wow.

o see that wave, that amazing vast street-wide wave of humanity surging through the streets of Macksville afterwards was incredible. Just incredible.

It was incredible to see the townspeople applauding, none of them with eyes for Warney or Lara or McGrath or any of the cricket royalty striding their streets, but with eyes only for the Hughes clan, the family that has given them so much joy and put their town on the map.

We haven’t seen anything like this in Australian civilian life for decades and perhaps we never will again.

Why? Because Phillip Hughes represented something universal in Australian life. It wasn’t just that he died playing the national sport that we’ve all played at one time or another, even if only on the beach or in the backyard.

It’s the spirit of hope that Hughes had around him, the aura or optimism, the spirit of never whingeing. A little bit of larrikin, a lot of love for mum and dad and above all, a boundless sense of mateship.

Phillip Hughes really was everyone’s mate. He had no enemies. Was incapable of making them.

That’s why Australia stopped today, and why this event moved so many people. And that’s why the people of Macksville and visitors to town will be drinking in both mourning and celebration long, long onto this night and for a long, long time to come.