Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Breather Cap on VR-VS 3.8lt???

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
you can get "V6" ones from kilkenny, same thing as mine, just with v6 on em instead of holden. not sure on prices, they are available for the ecotec, just go into autobarn, maybe bursons or repco and ask about them

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
attachment.php

attachment.php

thats pics of mine

no pics of one on a ecotec tho

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
they look pretty sweet...do the stock rocker covers have a larger hole where the cap goes?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
different style hole, cant remember if its bigger or not.

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
So, does this mean that the motor will run perfectly fine with a breather cap (ECOTEC V6)???????

As they sell ones the fit around the hole on the rocker covers so this is not an issue. I just don't want to drive around with a motor underperforming becuase of the breather if the rockers are meant to be under pressure???

Thanks

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
mines been running fine, only problem ive had was the other day mum was driving the car, the cap came loose, and a bit of oil splashed onto the cover and burnt, and mum smelt it in the car and got worried.

on the pre ecotec motors, theres a tube that goes to the throttlebody before the butterfly, from the intake manifold on s2 and rocker cover on s1, thats effectively a breather cap, but it goes to the intake so no gasses escape into the atmosphere for emissions.

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
I saw the one for an ecotec at autobarhn. But instead of sitting in the oil filler hole it is clamped to the filler hole the stands up a bit from the rocker cover.. Take in your oil cap and it should fit inside the breather filter.

But at $34 I didn't wan't to risk putting one on then the car running **** house!

Let us know how you go?

:thumbsup: