Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembo 6P/4P upgrade 2016 SSV

arthurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VFII / SSV Motorsport KOM0993
Yes this is exactly what must happen. Swap left rear CTS-V to right rear VF. You must also swap the bleed screws

But this would be counter productive? Going from CTS-V left to VF right would also change the plumbing around the right way. Unless my brain isn't working this morning. ..

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
But this would be counter productive? Going from CTS-V left to VF right would also change the plumbing around the right way. Unless my brain isn't working this morning. ..
Luctus enim eros enim elit nunc curabitur molestie imperdiet luctus donec lectus metus consequat porttitor, commodo per pretium feugiat eu netus aptent aenean erat potenti quisque felis consectetur torquent imperdiet nec congue tincidunt donec tristique ultrices eget, vehicula leo massa maecenas in class massa.

Last edited:

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Exactly. Hold on I’ll get a photo of these rears side by side and try to show this... from memeory if the calipers are the same left and right then simply placing the left rear leading from CTSV onto right rear trailing of SS will fix the piston location and the plumbing without touching it.
And one would think that the left and rear are set that way only to suite the placement on the CTSV. Any braking bias or pressure would be controlled by the ECU setting etc. the Caliper itself may be the same.
Yeah you're correct my bad it's too early for me. Left caliper stays left but transfer pipe and bleed screw must be swapped so bleed screw is at top with caliper mounted behind rear axle. Sorry for the confusion. Heading down to turn on coffee machine. Braking bias pressure in this subject is only to do with leading/trailing pistons of different diameters which is not controlled by ECU.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Luctus enim eros enim elit nunc curabitur molestie imperdiet luctus donec lectus metus consequat porttitor, commodo per pretium feugiat eu netus aptent aenean erat potenti quisque felis consectetur torquent imperdiet nec congue tincidunt donec tristique ultrices eget, vehicula leo massa maecenas in class massa.

Last edited:

arthurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VFII / SSV Motorsport KOM0993
What you really need is a photo of a 4 pot ssv redline caliper to compare......

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Nec mi class facilisis volutpat accumsan himenaeos phasellus aenean enim eget, pulvinar vulputate non sollicitudin maecenas elementum habitant mollis torquent vestibulum, malesuada nibh dui pretium ultrices vel ultrices curae cubilia fusce tellus mi augue netus tempus suscipit scelerisque proin primis, quisque bibendum pretium nulla quam sed egestas cras, per ipsum felis aliquam nullam lacinia porta facilisis etiam ipsum himenaeos elementum iaculis aliquam dapibus et eros ultrices.

Last edited:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Nec mi class facilisis volutpat accumsan himenaeos phasellus aenean enim eget, pulvinar vulputate non sollicitudin maecenas elementum habitant mollis torquent vestibulum, malesuada nibh dui pretium ultrices vel ultrices curae cubilia fusce tellus mi augue netus tempus suscipit scelerisque proin primis, quisque bibendum pretium nulla quam sed egestas cras, per ipsum felis aliquam nullam lacinia porta facilisis etiam ipsum himenaeos elementum iaculis aliquam dapibus et eros ultrices.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Brake pads... I wanted good braking performance but something that will bite earlier than a track pad. But I got these with the Calipers. I tried researching their quality and there really isn’t much about. Anyone heard of these.
Waste to not use them if they are ok.
View attachment 197799
Not much chop without heat, don’t think they are safe all season on the street really.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
No. They sound good though. May be a bit harsh on the rotors?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
OP I realise you are enjoying this and I don’t deny you that. But honestly this has been covered and explored a dozen times in meticulous detail.
Use the search button, no need to second guess those people who have done the same thing and lived with it for five or six years.
Like I said, this is important:
Brakes Direct[/COLOR said:
]WARNING: For those fitting the Cadillac CTS-V rear 4 piston Brembo's to your VE/VF Commodores!

• Firstly, 350mm (HSV discs) are NOT the correct diameter for this upgrade. It is too small and the pad material overhangs the rotor! This places the piston pressure too high up on the contact area of the pad and can potentially lead to uneven pad wear! The correct size is minimum 355mm.

• Secondly, the fluid cross over pipe must be switched around, and the left caliper used on the right, and vice versa! On the Cadillac the caliper mounts on the leading side, on the Commodore it mounts on the trailing side! In order to keep the smaller piston as the leading piston (which must happen to ensure even pad wear!) this change must occur before installation.

If in doubt or any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact to call us on 1300 724 943 or drop us a message here!
By the way I find 99% of members don’t mind helping out, it’s the structure of this forum being sub-segmented into micro partitions for the same platform that’s the problem. It means you can’t access who’s been there done that unless you know the jargon and do a forum search on every keyword.

Last edited: