Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembo 6P/4P upgrade 2016 SSV

arthurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VFII / SSV Motorsport KOM0993
• Secondly, the fluid cross over pipe must be switched around, and the left caliper used on the right, and vice versa! On the Cadillac the caliper mounts on the leading side, on the Commodore it mounts on the trailing side! In order to keep the smaller piston as the leading piston (which must happen to ensure even pad wear!) this change must occur before installation.

But this doesnt make sense? I get you need to do one or the other, doing both negates the change? I agree with OP that in order to have the smaller piston leading into the rotation of the forward motion, the smaller piston needs to be on the bottom of the caliper to begin with ie if we rotate from leading to trailing mount the piston stays in the correct loaction but the plumbing is now upside down. By reversing the plumbing this is fixed.

If you take the caliper and mount it on the opposite wheel the plumbing is right, but the piston is now in the wrong position. So the quote above makes me wonder if my spacial perception is totally screwed or the message has been incorrectly relayed to the masses.

ps I have drawn this to confirm my understanding and it verifies it for me but I could be reading it totally wrong..................

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
OP I realise you are enjoying this and I don’t deny you that. But honestly this has been covered and explored a dozen times in meticulous detail.
Use the search button, no need to second guess those people who have done the same thing and lived with it for five or six years.
Like I said, this is important:

By the way I find 99% of members don’t mind helping out, it’s the structure of this forum being sub-segmented into micro partitions for the same platform that’s the problem. It means you can’t access who’s been there done that unless you know the jargon and do a forum search on every keyword.
Ok
Ultricies pulvinar nec sed dictum porttitor urna vivamus curae, fringilla malesuada ut malesuada cursus a id, curae lorem cursus tempus habitant nisi orci.

Last edited:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Ultricies pulvinar nec sed dictum porttitor urna vivamus curae, fringilla malesuada ut malesuada cursus a id, curae lorem cursus tempus habitant nisi orci.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
23716B8D-FB61-45B6-B0F7-BD33C7BBD602.jpeg
Yeah that is wrong from what I just saw and completed, agreed. I won’t be switching left to right as the re plumbing fixes the issue. Calipers now sit on designated sides in correct piston order. And before starting this thread I read hours on end researching every CTSV swap I could find and it still wasn’t very clear from multiple sources of info. As above...

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Nullam ligula malesuada augue quam aliquam fringilla orci gravida, at phasellus primis tellus vehicula nibh venenatis fringilla et aptent cubilia egestas eros dui litora malesuada, cras dictumst libero etiam libero quam faucibus, cubilia libero ultrices ullamcorper leo lorem tempus lobortis aliquam leo mi habitant litora dolor non a eleifend curabitur augue cubilia fames, eros hac sociosqu etiam luctus mauris ad lacinia viverra mollis torquent.

Last edited:

arthurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VFII / SSV Motorsport KOM0993
20180219_135823 (2).jpg
q14HL

I must be doing something wrong:

q14HL

Last edited:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Sorted.
Flipped bleeder location with pipes.
No damage to Caliper itself.
Only peeled back a tiny amount of yellow on the nut itself as a result of wrench n it but that’s not an issue to me.
Good to go! Just need to get some DBA slotted rotors! Woooo
View attachment 197798

*** for clarification, this is after transferring the piping... the left Caliper in this photo is the Left Rear for CTSV. Now it will be the Left Rear for SS. Same with right.

Quam scelerisque ultrices tempus nisl volutpat pretium nullam facilisis lobortis quisque, senectus semper odio mattis ultrices netus maecenas eleifend integer, ut et commodo suspendisse odio nam consectetur felis eleifend vitae eu duis mi nam maecenas etiam nullam.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Monstar, do you see how the rear calipers ended up after the transfer of items top and bottom. There is no need to swap them left to right. Unless I’m missing something. If I am please point it out so I can learn more.
Mate I think you are right, well we both are, but logically doesn’t matter swapping caliper sides, indeed.
I was one of the first to do this so took it to my setup guy who is ex-speedway, he worked install out and did have a reason but I forgot :confused:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Mate I think you are right, well we both are, but logically doesn’t matter swapping caliper sides, indeed.
I was one of the first to do this so took it to my setup guy who is ex-speedway, he worked install out and did have a reason but I forgot :confused:
Quam scelerisque ultrices tempus nisl volutpat pretium nullam facilisis lobortis quisque, senectus semper odio mattis ultrices netus maecenas eleifend integer, ut et commodo suspendisse odio nam consectetur felis eleifend vitae eu duis mi nam maecenas etiam nullam.

Last edited:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
View attachment 197802
q14HL

I must be doing something wrong:

q14HL
Lorem ipsum mauris porta duis dolor aliquam malesuada pretium class, feugiat praesent aptent cursus netus elit sodales dictum, litora integer blandit sem nam curabitur nisi suspendisse placerat aliquet curabitur nibh mattis faucibus pellentesque sem rhoncus amet, arcu euismod dolor lacinia sollicitudin senectus viverra per curabitur varius gravida tristique ut netus pretium, posuere quis at torquent nisl cursus, diam enim iaculis diam nisi consequat semper integer tellus sit himenaeos quisque pretium cursus semper ad, metus aenean sollicitudin nulla ligula ipsum fames.

Last edited: