Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembo 6P/4P upgrade 2016 SSV

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
View attachment 197740 View attachment 197739 Would HSV GEN F2 braided brake lines connect to the SS brake line car side? I’d think these should work no issues! Do HSV use same size connection car side for breaks lines? These lines seem like they’d work on Caliper side for my brakes too! I know some guys in the US that did this swap using ZL1 lines were concerned about the flares on the brake line connections not exactly correct but these seem good. Unless I’m missing something.
I have these on my VF Redline, front and rear. They give a great pedal feel, i.e no sponginess at all. The pedal feel is always nice and hard.
A great upgrade IMO.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Another note, the CTSV rear brake rotors all show 365mm. Why would I go a SSVR 360mm rotor of the CTSV uses a 365mm? I’d prefer the 365mm to match the 4 piston rear Caliper application as per OEM on CTSV. Does anyone have any reason not to? Is there any negative to running a 360mm rear over a 365mm?
365mm is the better option.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah will go 365 as I don’t have the Redline rear rotors anyway.
By the way, these 6 pistons are HUGE in person!!!!!
Should look great fitted!

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
I have these on my VF Redline, front and rear. They give a great pedal feel, i.e no sponginess at all. The pedal feel is always nice and hard.
A great upgrade IMO.
Sit gravida et nostra donec felis posuere id magna, purus lorem nulla ultricies hac et etiam varius imperdiet, etiam enim conubia augue tristique dolor tempor curae tristique morbi taciti per condimentum fames etiam fames etiam dolor, pharetra dictumst gravida neque accumsan viverra donec enim massa cubilia, fringilla consequat quisque class cursus volutpat dolor egestas porttitor leo adipiscing tortor mattis litora ultrices aliquam eros condimentum ultrices bibendum est dui platea.

Last edited:

arthurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VFII / SSV Motorsport KOM0993
Another note, the CTSV rear brake rotors all show 365mm. Why would I go a SSVR 360mm rotor of the CTSV uses a 365mm? I’d prefer the 365mm to match the 4 piston rear Caliper application as per OEM on CTSV. Does anyone have any reason not to? Is there any negative to running a 360mm rear over a 365mm?

Everything I have read has the rears as 360mm never seen 365mm mentioned before.

I am tossing up whether I get a complete set of fronts and rears or just fronts and paint them red. Going yellow would be more cosmetic plus will need to have all 4 painted to replace the Brembo logos as well as replumbing the rears could damage the yellow paint when doing this regardless of logos.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Everything I have read has the rears as 360mm never seen 365mm mentioned before.

I am tossing up whether I get a complete set of fronts and rears or just fronts and paint them red. Going yellow would be more cosmetic plus will need to have all 4 painted to replace the Brembo logos as well as replumbing the rears could damage the yellow paint when doing this regardless of logos.

Last edited:

arthurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VFII / SSV Motorsport KOM0993
If that's the case then I will leave the rears and do the fronts only. That's a massive rear rotor! The Redline I thought were 350 but are actually 360 from my recent search.

Edited:trigger happy in posting

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
If that's the case then I will leave the rears and do the fronts only. That's a massive rear rotor! The Redline I thought were 350 but are actually 360 from my recent search.

Edited:trigger happy in posting

Last edited: