Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembo Big Brake Upgrade

BrutalStormSC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY I Storm Utility
hey guys,

I've been doing some reasearch here and everywhere. I've been trying to source individual part numbers within a kit (emailing the kit providers gave me nothing) from EmpirePerformance.

http://www.empireperformance.com.au...-brembo-big-brake-upgrade-kit-front-rear.html

Does anyone know if 355mm front and 350mm rear rotors are available for VY's from DBA? (I really don't want RDA rotors). Or what the part numbers for calipers, retainers, and billet caliper mounts are? Trying to chase a better deal before I deal with EP.

Thanks in advance.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The brakes will be so much better than what you most likely already have so running RDA shouldn't be a problem.
The used them on V8 ute racers.
But if you still want DBA's from memory the RDA and DBA part numbers are similar so that might help you looking.
I've got the biggest OEM brakes for VT-VZ and discs are 362/343 .
So maybe the 355/350 sizes are from VE HSV's.

Last edited:

BrutalStormSC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY I Storm Utility
Thanks mate, still chasing part numbers from Empire Performance... like getting blood from a stone. What kit are you running (362/343)?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I'm running genuine VY/VZ AP 6 piston front 4 piston rear big brake option.
Brand new these days if you can find them are around $6G.
Last year I did a disc and pad replacement using EBC reds and DBA 5000 & 4000 discs F&R