Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembo bolts for front

able ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Hi, I'm after reasonably priced bolts for the front of my VF Brembo's to fit my VE. Any ideas? as everyone knows the Factory bolts are priced like gold from some dealers.

4 x FRONT: M14x2-6H, 57mm long. Head diameter needs to be 26-30mm (flanged head), Grade 10.9
92139223 is the GM Front VF Redline Brembo Caliper bolt part no.

Thankyou I also posted in the VE section

Last edited:

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Hi, I'm after reasonably priced bolts for the front of my VF Brembo's to fit my VE. Any ideas? as everyone knows the Factory bolts are priced like gold from some dealers.
4 x FRONT: M14x2-6H, 57mm long. Head diameter needs to be 26-30mm (flanged head), Grade 10.9
92139223 is the GM Front VF Redline Brembo Caliper bolt part no.
Thankyou I also posted in the VE section

VE knuckle takes M12 caliper bolts, so you'll need M12 bolts. VF Brembo caliper holes are drilled out for M14 bolt, so you'll need a spacer around the M12 bolt to take up the slack. Alternatively, sell your VF Brembos and buy VE brembos as they have M12 holes. Nothing wrong with using a spacer around the M12 bolt, any good engineering shop should be able to supply if you keep the VF Brembos.

Last edited:

able ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Thanks very much guys, anyone have bolts for sale either M12 or 14 and that may help with my decision. I got M12's new from a guy off facebook for the back but need something for the front now. Thanks all.

able ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I couldn't stand paying locally $35 for the M14 GM bolt or $40 per bolt for the Ford equivalent so searched ebay.
W707589-S439 (gen Ford bolts) four in a packet about $47 delivered. Will have to drill the mounting bracket to take the new size now.

Can't wait now to get those silver brembos on :)

Thanks to everyone for your advice.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ I was under the impression that drilling an existing caliper bracket to accomodate a larger bolt was illegal and would thus result in an unroadworthy vehicle.

If your unfamiliar with what’s allowed, may be worth reading VSB 14 section LG brakes.

able ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
What I meant to say was I was going to change the brackets to allow the larger bolt, the only difference in the bracket is the hole size so worth updating. Same with banjo, replacing with redline instead of taking a slither off the stock for clearance fit.
Also putting on HSV dust covers instead of modding the originals.

Last edited: