Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembo Genuine Pads?

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
While this thread is a alive I thought I would throw in a quick comment. I recently removed a pad from a VF2 SSV Redline and yes agree it says brembo on the back of the pad.

Not sure if this has ever been asked but I have been told by a couple of people that the OEM brembo pad caused a lot of brake dust. 3 people have now told me to switch to DBA pads for less brake dust.

Anyone have any comments or thoughts. I love the feel of my brakes but I am no expert. My daily drive is a 1999 Toyota camry with 452K kilometres on it. LOL.
I am going to do a pad change on mine when I get back from my road trip, be interested in members thoughts on the above as well.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I am going to do a pad change on mine when I get back from my road trip, be interested in members thoughts on the above as well.

OEM pads are dusty.
About the same as Remsa.
It's trade off for decent braking power.

You can get ceramic pads if dust is your primary concern but they will not be as good as semi metalic in terms of overall performance

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
OEM pads are dusty.
About the same as Remsa.
It's trade off for decent braking power.

You can get ceramic pads if dust is your primary concern but they will not be as good as semi metalic in terms of overall performance

@Ron Burgundy
thank you for the feedback. I had a feeling that would be the case. You cannot have it both ways. I am going to stick with the OEM at the moment as they have plenty of meat. I enjoy this forum. Lots of good info from experienced owners. My last Commodore was a VL V8 308 and T bar 3 speed auto. Was a great car but that was in 1988 to 89.