Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brembos getting easier to source from america

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Apparently Brembo have set up a manufacturing plant in the US which makes sourcing many of these types of upmarket calipers much easier(and cheaper)....even through amazon.
Here my new front 4 piston U.S. made brembo calipers are from a 2013 ATS Cadillac and they fit up to 343 discs (originally used on a harrop caliper setup) and use adapter brackets I made myself from 12mm plate and using a simple spacer method to put the caliper in the centre of the disc and it all fits....and the distance on the adapter bracket between centres of the two sets of holes is 18mm although the caliper mounting bolts are 14mm at 5 inch centres and the spacer thickness between bracket and stub mounting face is 6mm and stock vr/s brake hoses fit the caliper like they were made for it. The 14mm allen headed set screws are 12.5 tensile grade and needed a flat and spring washer to space the thread out enough so it didnt touch the disc on the other side...allen head was so big I didnt have a allen key big enough.

bracket mounted on stub 6mm spacer between new bracket and stub and 3.5 mm spacer on outside so stock vt 12x1.5mm bolts fit all the way through the mounting threads on the stub but still dont touch anything it shouldnt

pads contact nearly the whole machined area

These calipers take pads that also fit a ve redline or some evos and wrxs...db1678
You can get these calipers brand new for around 80 dollars US each on amazon ...click here
You can get all compounds of pads and the necessary pins kits easily in Australia ....you can use any stock vr/s brake hose originally from the single piston stock calipers ...even use your old banjo bolts...with new copper washers.
These brembo calipers were from a 2013 ats cadillac....they originally use a 30 mm thick 330mm dia disc so the 343mm 32mm disc I am using is tight but still fits fine and nothing touches anything it shouldnt and the pad contacts the whole face of the disc.
there is no crossover pipe as the outboard pistons are fed fluid internally. After I fitted it all up, it gravity bled easily.
Setup fits 18 inch wheels with 5 or so mm to spare

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Awesome, that is good to know :thumbsup:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
What MC/Booster are you using with these callipers and how is the pedal feel?

Just having a good look at the Amazon listing above and the callipers are indeed shown as an AC Delco part number, Brembo calliper but the origin is shown as the "Czech Republic", you can even see it cast into the inside of the calliper in your pics.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
master setup is your vt style booster/master...pedal is shorter and quite firm but the pads are not fully bedded in yet
youre right they do say czech rep on them
chevy have fitted same calipers on some of their fast cars
2014 corvette

camaro

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Still looks like a good deal, would be good if you could get em with either Corvette or Camaro on them :)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Nice work on the brackets! Do they need to be so long? it looks like there's a bit of scope to cut them back a bit.
It makes me want to do a similar thing to the VE

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Still looks like a good deal, would be good if you could get em with either Corvette or Camaro on them

about 2 mins hand sanding the cadillac decal off was childsplay and some black caliper paint over the top makes everything look neat and you can get a sticker made that can take the heat with anything you like on it

Nice work on the brackets! Do they need to be so long? it looks like there's a bit of scope to cut them back a bit.
It makes me want to do a similar thing to the VE

theres plenty of metal I could cut back if I wanted to but in light of those skinny cast brackets that supposedly snap on the other kit, I made these as strong as they could be.
I could have used 10mm plate instead of 12 also but it is a guinea pig type of project and Im into overkill when its my brakes.
ve stock calipers use same bolt 5 inch centres and previously I had ve calipers with brackets I made on these same discs so mounting brembos on a ve would be a bracket with 2 sets of 2 holes with same 5 inch centres a distance apart from another....one set 12mm and the other 14mm..not sure if there would be enough distance for the bolts to clear each other.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
get the right brembos and they bolt straight up to the ve, and they are on amazon, one of the ve guys did to his,

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
get the right brembos and they bolt straight up to the ve, and they are on amazon, one of the ve guys did to his,

Problem is you need 19 inch wheels to fit the 355 mm discs that go with it ... And not just any 19 inch wheel the ones that give enough relief to clear the spokes due to the small offset on the disc or you could run spacers and not tell anyone