Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembos off a redline worthy upgrade?

nickb1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
Do the brembos bolt straight on a sv6 as well if i cut the back shroud

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes if you have the Redline wheels to clear the callipers. Personally I don't think you need to do this upgrade on a v6, get Police spec pads - QFM HPX and your discs machined on all fours. You will notice the difference for street, and should you find them wanting you can upgrade to A1RM on fronts for track. Brembos on an sv6 is a waste of money - see similarly modded cars on 'car sale' boards - bottom line is you will not get your money back. Also check quotes to fit professionally - add another $1k with lines, calibration and fluid to spec.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
A grand to fit? I highly doubt that.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Nothing to do with cars give you a return. If you expect returns on modding cars your a moron. We do it because we love cars, holden and performance. It's a hobbie. You may hold a little value in some ways which is then cancelled out by the limited market yay have attracted when selling as a lot of car dealers and people dont like modified cars.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Agreed, morons spending wasting money on mods like premium exhaust because, well, they love the car... clearly not their wallet.
Speak for yourself though, I mod the car I own for work and play, I pay $1.09 / litre for super fuel, write it off depreciation @22% each year, reduces my tax in several ways, gets me across the Hay and Nullarbor Plains at high cruising speeds every day of the week.
Different strokes.
I was trying to help out the sv6 owner with bargain upgrade deal on eBay, with cautionary note that he'd be better off with Police pads (and save up for a V8).

nickb1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
Wat brand pads u said for racing? Cause im gonna do a fea track days And wat part number pad?
Also would it be better to get slotted rotors? Or not much difference?

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
God them wheels are ghastly.

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
God them wheels are ghastly.

What? SSV redline rims? IMOP they look awesome on my wagon powder coated dark grey..

Every one has different tastes in these things..