Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembos on 2008 ssv

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hello

If you are willing to wait a few weeks I have a set of the Harrop Monster kit brakes to sell. 4 pot front and rear, 356mm rotors, new set of QFM 1ARM pads.

PM me if keen, you'll get a far better price than brand new.

K-Man

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Mine were custom ordered thru wheel worx in Adelaide and I had to install longer wheel studs. Because there hubcentric there'll be no vibrations

5ACD6674-3A22-433C-8681-EFA56E0D77D2-1362-00000192CAB56F50_zps16c49f33.jpg

PM sent

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hello

If you are willing to wait a few weeks I have a set of the Harrop Monster kit brakes to sell. 4 pot front and rear, 356mm rotors, new set of QFM 1ARM pads.

PM me if keen, you'll get a far better price than brand new.

K-Man

PM sent

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Theres a place in peakhurst that make the spacers..
I think they are called bsa or something along them lines..
My hubcentric spacers bolt to my studs then have other studs to fit the wheels.
Custom made. Around $160 from memory.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Theres a place in peakhurst that make the spacers..
I think they are called bsa or something along them lines..
My hubcentric spacers bolt to my studs then have other studs to fit the wheels.
Custom made. Around $160 from memory.
No offence, but spacers are a bad idea. They throw out all suspension specifications and apply a large increase in load to the spindle and bearing that apart from wearing things out quickly can actually lead to failure without warning. Have seen a case on a Nissan drifter that was fatal!
Wheels sitting off standard track look crap and reminds me of mags on the old Kingwood from the 70's.
If you are fitting bigger brakes for the safety then you are foolish to then fit inferior surrounding components. If you want the look only then fit fake plastic covers.
HSV wheels that are fitted to models that come or can be optioned with brake package will clear dual piston sided calipers.
Holden Redline wheels will also clear the Brembo, HSV and other calipers.
Some after market wheels will also clear and dealers seem to know which ones do. Just ask them.
Unfortunately most wheels that clear big calipers are a bit ordinary to look at as they need to be designed with the spokes nearly flat with the rim outer edge to allow the clearance. I looked into every option to try and keep SSV wheels but had to go the Redline wheels in the end. They look OK but not fantastic.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
All good I've decided to just get decent dba rotors and pads. And some braided lines. Better than stock anyway.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
All good I've decided to just get decent dba rotors and pads. And some braided lines. Better than stock anyway.

You will be amazed at what good pads, rotors and fluid will do, I put Bendix Ultimate, drilled and slotted rotors and race fluid (not silican based) thru my FTO and the difference was amazing, it felt better than my VR4 that had brembos, never faded and pulled up from cold, not to mention it didn't add any unsprung weight!

When I recover from the purchase of my car I will be getting Bendix Ultimates, slotted rotors and flushing the fluid on my Berlina.

Please note the new fluid is as important as anything else that is being done and don't skimp here, the higher the boiling temp the better.