Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembos on 2008 ssv

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hey guys, I've been told that brembos won't fit supersports. I can see there is bugger all offset so my next question is, is there any way of fitting them? As I don't wanna change my rims.. I've been told harrop will fit but I don't want to cut off my arm to pay for them lol. Brembos seem like a worthy and cost effective upgrade. Any help and/or other options will be appreciated.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

TAS1981

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been told that brembos won't fit supersports. I can see there is bugger all offset so my next question is, is there any way of fitting them? As I don't wanna change my rims.. I've been told harrop will fit but I don't want to cut off my arm to pay for them lol. Brembos seem like a worthy and cost effective upgrade. Any help and/or other options will be appreciated.

Cheers

Sorry i cannot help but if ever there was a topic to sticky it would be "What Holden/HSV wheels fit which brake setups".... I'd love to have some definitive answers too!

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
A bloke on here did it with a set of these http://bit.ly/1ek7Ydr

If that link doesn't work here's the eBay item number 360760706277

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997

Cheers

Supersport wheel will definitely not clear brembos. (It is not offset but wheel and spoke design that affects brake clearances).

The running of spacers on your Commodore hubs to push the wheel out is illegal in NSW. No ifs and buts ...it is an illegal vehicle modification.
So if you want to make your car unroadworthy and prejudice the comprehensive insurance cover you have on the car then go a head and fit spacers.

(Shaving metal off the spokes (and thus weakening the wheel structure) to clear brakes is also an illegal modification - and for the stupid brigade - so do not do that either).

If you want to keep those supersport wheels talk to Greg at GSL Rally Sport (Sponsor here) about his recommended rotor upgrades and QFM brake pad upgrades that will substantially improve the braking performance of your car.

If it is brembos you want then you will be looking at buying new wheels to clear them to keep your Commodore legal and roadworthy.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
You could investigate Camaro 2010 / GXP four pots made by brembo co-branded Chevrolet, only stick out +10mm over stock but don't know what your current caliper to spoke clearance is with those wheels.
se7ybe8u.jpg

a5u9y9a5.jpg

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Where can I look at those spacers? Ebay? Yea their isn't much clearance pirate on the supersports. I'll have to check it out. I've heard the spacers cause vibration?

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Well in regards to legality, I'm not overly fussed unless they're actually dangerous or cause vibrations. End of the day my car is mafless tuned so it's already 'UN roadworthy' but again I don't want them if they're dangerous. Apparently harrop fit but they're bullshit over priced.