Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bridgestone or Michellin

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Just got some quotes for new tyres and not sure if I should go with OEM Bridgestone or Michellin PS4.

Set of 4 is about $1400 for PS4 and $1500 for RE050A

I also considered Continental C6 but apparently they wear quick...
They are about $1400

What are your thoughts ?

Last edited:

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Just got some quotes for new tyres and not sure if I should go with OEM Bridgestone or Michellin PS4. Set of 4 is about $1400 for PS4 and $1500 for RE050A. I also considered Continental C6 but apparently they wear quick... What are your thoughts ?

I can't comment on the others, but curious, you're not considering Bridgestone RE003s? I have found them better than the RE050A's and they're cheaper. When I did my research, they were a common favourite for their performance relative to price. They have exceeded my expectations.

Ryan_044

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VFII Redline A6
1000% PS4s - I replaced my RE050A's with Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 2s (bit cheaper than the PS4s) and are so much better - just grips and go's off the line now and even steering feels sharper compared to the bridgestones and even in the wet their quite good. Have done about 10,000ks on them so far and their still the same. The PS4's would be even better I imagine

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I can't comment on the others, but curious, you're not considering Bridgestone RE003s? I have found them better than the RE050A's and they're cheaper. When I did my research, they were a common favourite for their performance relative to price. They have exceeded my expectations.
I did not even know about those. I ll have a look to see how much they cost

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Ron,
For clarification was the quote for PS4, or PS4S? Either way, they are both on another level to the B RE050's.
I agree with Dre too. The B 003's shyte on
050's.
If PS4S's fit your budget, they are the tyre to get. Sensational performance in all areas, wearing good so far (~20k) and they look great too. I can't rate them highly enough.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Ron,
For clarification was the quote for PS4, or PS4S? Either way, they are both on another level to the B RE050's.
I agree with Dre too. The B 003's shyte on
050's.
If PS4S's fit your budget, they are the tyre to get. Sensational performance in all areas, wearing good so far (~20k) and they look great too. I can't rate them highly enough.

PS4 I believe. Will have to double check.
The oem are still okay after 38 000 but have no grip in wet. There is still 1-2 mm of thread left but they spin in wet at touch of accelerator. They just don't feel safe

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
PS4 I believe. Will have to double check.
The oem are still okay after 38 000 but have no grip in wet. There is still 1-2 mm of thread left but they spin in wet at touch of accelerator. They just don't feel safe

That's the same as my set on the redline right now. I've just done 41k and they spin like crazy in the wet. Even fast take offs in the dry will spin too. The best is taking off the ESP and traction control and see what happens. Reminds me of the days with my VN 5.0 BT1 Ex police car that I treasured for 5 years.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
I have found them better than the RE050A's
i dont think that would be hard for any tyre (i dont like them).
but i guess its all about how your drive on them.
i currently have 050s on the front and 003s on the rear. i probably would have got 007s if i realised they were a thing.

PS4S are arguably the best tyre available according to the grapevine, not sure about normal PS4

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
OEM bridgys pretty poor, OEM contis poorer.