Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bridgestone or Michellin

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
That's the same as my set on the redline right now. I've just done 41k and they spin like crazy in the wet. Even fast take offs in the dry will spin too. The best is taking off the ESP and traction control and see what happens. Reminds me of the days with my VN 5.0 BT1 Ex police car that I treasured for 5 years.
She's the BT1 mate!;)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
i dont think that would be hard for any tyre (i dont like them).
but i guess its all about how your drive on them.
i currently have 050s on the front and 003s on the rear. i probably would have got 007s if i realised they were a thing.

PS4S are arguably the best tyre available according to the grapevine, not sure about normal PS4
The PS4 is certainly a good tyre. Better than the Bridgy's.

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
Just got some quotes for new tyres and not sure if I should go with OEM Bridgestone or Michellin PS4.

Set of 4 is about $1400 for PS4 and $1500 for RE050A

I also considered Continental C6 but apparently they wear quick...
They are about $1400

What are your thoughts ?
Michellin **** all over the Bridgestones, have a look at track times and reviews. Bonus if you can get them cheaper. If it was the PS2 I would say no but the PS4 Sport are fantastic.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Michellin **** all over the Bridgestones, have a look at track times and reviews. Bonus if you can get them cheaper. If it was the PS2 I would say no but the PS4 Sport are fantastic.
Here here.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Well that's settled then... Michellin it is...

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
I'm in the same boat, got some prices last week, my Turanzo's are still original and rear one are getting low, have 56,800kms.
Jaxs had PS4 $285, PS4S $375, RE003 $365, Pirelli Dragon $289 other shop had Hankook K117 $220

I'm thinking of going with the PS4

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I've run a lot of tyres on my Commodores and E3. Bridgestone 050A's, is used to rate as the better tyre of the OEM bunch, but decided to change to Conti's (5P on the front of the HSV and 6's on the rear), and whilst a good tyre when new, were terrible by the time they were half worn. To the point where I got rid of the rears as I lost faith in the car at highway speed in corners (I used to drive Sydney to the Gong and back 5 days a week). The back end would shift sideways on anything other than perfect surfaces. The spare set of Contis are now on the daily SV6 and I am just chewing them up to get rid of them. They're struggling to handle the power of the V6 even.

I went to PS4S on the rear of the HSV and they're as sticky as and feel very reliable. Mileage, I can't comment as I've had some work done on the car now and it doesn't get out much anymore, but when it does, it cops a flogging.

I still have a set of RE050As to go one the SV6, but after that, it will be PS4S on anything I drive that they make a tyre for.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Last edited: