Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bridgestone or Michellin

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
I recently got a set of PS4’s , I’m really happy with them

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Winrun R330....less than $150 each! :p
Perfect! Were you selling the car?
- coz I've made the mistake twice of putting expensive tyres on then soon after deciding to sell the car :confused:.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I put Kinforest KF550 on my daily drive Gen F GTS as a recommendation from a well respected mate. Absolutely great economy performance tyre.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Pirelli. End thread.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Pirelli what? The Dragons have a pretty poor rep.

Our car's having a service today (last in-warranty service!) and I'm about 90% sure it'll be getting tyres. Expecting a 'phone call soon, to ask approval for whatever the mechanic's tyre-supplier has &/or recommends. I did say I was thinking of the PS4's or PS4S's, but I'm not sure whether the extra cost for the more performancey S translates into an extra functionality from a safety POV (while better-half & I can afford it I'd much rather but really good tyres on the car she'll be in - but with respect to safety, she doesn't drive hard in any way shape or form).

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I run Pirelli P7 as I only need a decent grippy touring tyre on my V6. But they are good tyres so I'm sure there's a Pirelli something worth looking at. They last me 4 years and virtually never let go unless I do something reaaaaalllly stupid or stomp it on gravel.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Pirelli what? The Dragons have a pretty poor rep.

I'm running the Pirelli Dragonsports on my VE.

They've done ~22k kms now......wearing well, good grip wet or dry and noise level is pretty good also.

Would get them again.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Ron is interested in Bridgestone versus Michelin and if that's the only two I had to choose from the Michelin would win hands down for me.

In saying that I'm a big Pirelli fan and love the P Zeros but if I was in the market for tyres at this moment in time I would still probably go for the PS4S over them and definitely if they were better priced.

The slightly lesser PS4 is also a great tyre and I would also go it over the Bridgestone any day but I'd toss a coin over it being better than the Pirelli.

I've never tried the Pirelli Dragon Sport but I've heard good and bad about them.

Disclaimer: My opinion is based on the fact I don't buy or care about tyres for their long lasting wear properties, just how well they grip.