Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bridgestone or Michellin

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Disclaimer: My opinion is based on the fact I don't buy or care about tyres for their long lasting wear properties, just how well they grip.
Was just talking with a mate who made a good point … if my goal is to put the safest tyres on my wife's car & she doesn't push real hard & I'm not likely to ever do so in her car either, then what I'm looking for is wet weather performance; because it's more likely for something to be going unexpectedly pear-shaped in the wet.

So my desirements are different to yours, I suspect.

Having said that - it seems the PS4S's coincidentally rate very well in the wet!

So now I need recommendations for someone to do the wheel alignment, apparently part of the cause of going through the OEM fronts (which I think are Bridgestone RE050's? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?) in 27k kms is poor alignment. The rears still have probably 10k kms on them - so that's another year at least.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Was just talking with a mate who made a good point … if my goal is to put the safest tyres on my wife's car & she doesn't push real hard & I'm not likely to ever do so in her car either, then what I'm looking for is wet weather performance; because it's more likely for something to be going unexpectedly pear-shaped in the wet.

So my desirements are different to yours, I suspect.

Having said that - it seems the PS4S's coincidentally rate very well in the wet!

So now I need recommendations for someone to do the wheel alignment, apparently part of the cause of going through the OEM fronts (which I think are Bridgestone RE050's? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?) in 27k kms is poor alignment. The rears still have probably 10k kms on them - so that's another year at least.

Agreed, your situation is different to mine and you may not wish to shell out for the extra grip but you will find most high/speed performance street tyres are also made to be pretty good in the wet.

A little bit of camber is a good thing for handling but not necessarily good for long lasting even wear.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Thanks … could probably get tyres cheap from Tempe Tyres & get 'em fitted just prior to the alignment.

Apparently East Coast is still a Thing, still run by the same people as did the suspension on my Volvo >15yrs ago, and it looks like Bob Jane (around the corner) do the PS4S's for the same price as Tempe. So that's an option too.

Although not open on weekends is a bit of a bummer! :)

Merv Murray

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE 6.0 A6
Hi All, I put some 20s potenzas on my LS3 WN Caprice, & was really happy with them for about a year & then they literally turned to s--t. I have since put the 19s back on the rear with a 255 Michelin, it's early days but they seem ok for now.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Hi All, I put some 20s potenzas on my LS3 WN Caprice, & was really happy with them for about a year & then they literally turned to s--t. I have since put the 19s back on the rear with a 255 Michelin, it's early days but they seem ok for now.

there were PS4S on my Redline when i bought it and i've been running them for 12 months with no issues - will definitely be buying more come changeover time, amazing tyre.

Merv Murray

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE 6.0 A6
there were PS4S on my Redline when i bought it and i've been running them for 12 months with no issues - will definitely be buying more come changeover time, amazing tyre.
As I said, after 12 months, bridgestones turn to s--t, good luck

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Got a set of 19" Conti mc6 couple weeks ago, ride, grip and noise level are all good and reasonable priced at $1020 per set. (Staggered sizes). Just wait and see how they wear, the tyre shop said that they should wear better than the Conti Sport Contact.