Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bridgestone potenza re002 tyres

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
Just wondering if anyone is running these tyres and have any comments about them. Getting them put on my vy calais next week .how do they perform in the wet,dry,road noise etc.
cheers

BehaveSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV E3 Tourer
I got the s001 instead of the Adren re002, it's supposed to give me more km and quieter drive apparently. as far as i can tell for the everyday driving i can't complain. Good dry and good wet performance. I haven't pushed them yet, waiting for suspension and brakes to arrive from GSLRALLY.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
How much have you been quoted and in what size? Did you compare similar performance Michelin or Pirelli?

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Only getting two tyres. 500 fitted. for 235 40 18. Been reading reviews on the net on other brands similar to it and chose to go with these but wouldnt mind hearing how commodore owners find it . I have dunlop sp sport fast response on it atm and they are crap. No traction in the wet and i cant even get between gaps in traffic in the dry ..ends up frying them on take off with 3/4 throttle.

Last edited:

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
$500 each? I got Michelin Pilot Sport 3 for $279 each in the same size, they are very good in the wet. The Michelin Super Sports are the next step up from PS3's, they are the best tyre Michelin make, standard on Audi R8 and the like.

Pirelli P Zero are also good.

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry meant $500 for 2 tyres fitted. Been reading too many reviews on tyres cos theres always a mixed response Thats left me confused. Just got another quote for nitto invo tyres for $480 fitted.( 2 tyres). Havent heard of them but they are made in japan so they cant be bad.