Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bridging Amplifier Question

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
Hello all, I recently purchased a Powervox amp ( see link ) New PowerVox 2800 Watt 4 Channel Car Amplifier Black | eBay that claims it is bridgeable. The problem is, in its instructions it doesn't explain how to bridge it, so i was wondering is there a rule that if the amp is bridgeable, and unless it says otherwise then the positive of your speaker connects to positive of channel one positive and then negative of speaker connects to negative of channel 2?

How do i know if i should
A) connect positive of channel 1 to one speaker wire and negative of channel 2 to other speaker wire
or
B) connect positive of channel 1 to one speaker wire and positive of channel 2 to other speaker wire

Can anyone help me?

HOLD3N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
positive to negative of each channel seems to be the norm.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
you will find that the amp will have a......................+.....- .......................+......-

and under it will say bridge, ill try draw it................^---------bridge---------------^

so it will have it written LOL sorry i dont know if u can understand this or not,

and i had a old verson of this amp, still do just not running it anymore, and if u work out all the settings correctly they put out some awesome power, it worked amazingly for mei loved it
only reason i swapped it was cos the old versons are long and i wanted to mount the amp to the back of the sub :p

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
use the positive of channel 1 and the negative of channel 2. use the positve of channel 3 and the negative of channel 4 for the other speaker or subwoofer

and3rs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive V6
If all else fails and you can't work it out, if your running dvc subs connect each voice coil to a separate channel ;)

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
cheers guys thanks for all the comments and also one quick question if i link the positive of channel one and negative of channel 2 with the speaker, do i connect the remaining negative and positive with a short wire???

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
cheers guys thanks for all the comments and also one quick question if i link the positive of channel one and negative of channel 2 with the speaker, do i connect the remaining negative and positive with a short wire???

No you don't.

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
ah ok thanks, so i just connect channel 1 positive to positive speaker wire and channel 2 negative to negative wire and thats it?

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
took like 10 seconds to google..
ampqu9.jpg

Sub wiring diagrams