Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brisbane Floods!

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
We left the city at 1 pm.

Moggill road is most likely cut at Brookfield/Pinjarra hills. The creeks are rising very fast, especially where Brookfield garden centre is. I went past in both directions and in the space of 15 mins the road was under.

My crosby road is now cut at anstead, I was turned back by the coppers. It's cut where the bridge goes over kholo creek, just before you start heading up the rollercoaster section.

I can't get to my house - at fiances parents instead.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Thanks for the info mate, will update the first post shortly. Floods are a lot more widespread than expected. Have been in the city this morning helping clear flooded houses. Is fairly chaotic with police, SES and rapid response units throughout the city.

Emergency services debating to destroy or sink the Moggil Ferry to prevent it from destroying a bridge.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Gooda Residents:

THERE have been unconfirmed reports of looters targeting homes and businesses in flood-ravaged Goodna.
Ipswich councillor Paul Tully said on Wednesday that he had received reports from witnesses who said they had seen looters tying their boats up to houses in low-lying Goodna.
"I've had two reports of that, and that's exactly what happened in the 1974 flood," Cr Tully said.
"People move their valuables up to the top floor of their house, and then looters come and break in through the roof tiles."
He said he had also received reports looters had been seen around Goodna businesses last night.
More than 3000 homes and businesses in the Ipswich area - including Goodna - have been flooded, with the Bremer River expected to peak on Wednesday afternoon.

Read more: Looters spotted in flooded Goodna | News.com.au

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Two Blackhawk's have been deployed to drop sea anchors on the Moggil Ferry on the Brisbane River.

Static89

I Am Ironman.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
im in Ipswich. from what i can tell we are completly blocked off. i can get as far as one mile bridge to goodna. which is about...... 10km's maybe? i tried every road i knew of to get out. but no luck.

i tooksome pics today but cant upload them at the moment.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8