Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brockys ebay opportunists

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
Spyper said:
On a similar note, I checked ebay for tickets to Irwins public funeral. Didn't find any - which suprised me a hell of a lot. But glad there were none. Tickets to concerts on ebay **** me off to no end - but that'd of been horrible.

ive only ever sold concert tickets onece and thats only cause the 2 ppl i had goign with me had to bail for a family emergency over seas so therefore i would of been out of pocket but i do see what you mean though my sale was just a legit thing i think from mem i even slod them for a lil less than there value and that was after postage ect

GLD-086

Reaction score
ElDubya said:
Scenario :

You have a quarter panel from one of Brocky's racecars. It has a signature on it from the man himself personally naming you. Someone offers you $1,000,000 for it and you wouldn't sell it?

Pffft, be real. A million dollars is a million dollars, regardless. The same as in that eBay scenario with the painting, $110,000 is $110,000.

At the end of the day it's his painting, his quarter panel, his whatever. He can sell it to whoever he wants for whatever he can get. That's part and parcel of living in a free country.

Whether it was signed by Peter Brock, Steve Irwin or the Pope himself, if it was mine and someone was willing to give me a bucketload of cash for it, they can have it.

[EDIT : Of course, all this is only my opinion]

Difference is, no one has offered this person, the money they're asking for.

Anyway. Why would you want to buy something, from someone, with their name on it? (Talking about the receiver here, not Brocky)

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
smokey_dj, I've got no problem with that. Selling them off because of a situation like that is fine. It's the assholes that list 10-20 tickets at 2-4 times the original price AN HOUR AFTER THEY GO ON SALE! .. I tried to get Tool tickets the day they went on sale - melbourne had sold out (45 mins after they went on sale I was there) and had to resort to getting tickets for the Sydney show way back up in the stands.. only to get home and see the tickets I wanted all over ebay at like $400. It's insane that a business can be made of 'robbing' legit fans. It's even more insane that they sell the absurd amound of tickets in one go..

</end rant>

Bubbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
i got a plate off ebay ages ago. one with Brocky and his VL commodore, only paid $50 and there was one on ebay that went for somthing like $925. i would never sell it though. if anything that was put on ebay b4 his death not a problem but things like minutes after it was on the news, that p!55es me off

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
blah blah blah, who cares, no one kicks up a stink when artists die and their paintings sell for heaps, no one cared when senna died that people sold and are still selling memorobilia, brock was just a small speck in the ocean when it comes to race car drivers.

If people make money because others are stupid enough to pay for it at an inflated price, then more fool they.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I wonder how many items on eBay are forgeries ?

Last edited:

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Omfg

I got one for ya about the tard who was selling the panel. i emailed him and told him how i felt and this is what i got back.

You mate are a sorry excuse for a human being. Sh!t like that should be kept for personal reasons and not sold to the highest bidder. You are a disgrace to anything that brocky stood for and you deserve to be spat on!!!!

Thankyou and go fck yourself!

and he said

you mate are the sorry fcking c*nt it got sold to a bloke from c.T usa mate cfor the asking price you are the sorry arse the reason it was on here was to show the public but for that price there obviously going to respect it more then us. $20000 more than you got hey heheheheheheh
f*ck wit

I rest my case.....:ranting:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
fabz said:
I got one for ya about the tard who was selling the panel. i emailed him and told him how i felt and this is what i got back.

You mate are a sorry excuse for a human being. Sh!t like that should be kept for personal reasons and not sold to the highest bidder. You are a disgrace to anything that brocky stood for and you deserve to be spat on!!!!

Thankyou and go fck yourself!

and he said

you mate are the sorry fcking c*nt it got sold to a bloke from c.T usa mate cfor the asking price you are the sorry arse the reason it was on here was to show the public but for that price there obviously going to respect it more then us. $20000 more than you got hey heheheheheheh
f*ck wit

I rest my case.....:ranting:

And what sort of reply did you expect?? If you think it's in bad taste don't bid on the parts but why make (what you think is) a bad situation worse by starting a shitfight???

Reaper

:rip: 05

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
There was no expectation. What im trying to show is how these people think and give some sort of insight into the reason behind selling this stuff. For the record i never bid on this item i just emailed him. By your response im assuming you think its ok for people to sell there brocky items even tho they are signed specifically to a certian person. If you think like this then maybe your not the die hard fan as you think you are?