Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken Driver Seat

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
The backrest tilt in my drivers seat has broken. The bar that runs from the tilt adjustment wheel through from the right hand side of the seat to the left has come out by around 3-4cm and doesn't lock in on the left side anymore causing the right side to tilt forwards and the left to stay still.

Any ideas on how to fix, I have tried to push the bar back in obviously but it won't budge.

-Slippy

whitevtwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Wagon
My seat in my VT wagon was the same, felt like it was stuck that way, had to sit stupid for a few days, it was the way I got the car. Pulled the seat out and pulled it apart and there is a metal bar that obviously makes the whole thing adjust. You just gotta pull it apart right and there was nothing on the other side of the seat so I found a perfect sized screw to stick in the other side of the metal pole bit and then screwed it perfect and it fixed it. Its pretty easy. Just find the long skinny metal pole and put it in the side its out of and should be no trouble at all.

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67, ln106 hilux, xr600r
go to the wreckers and buy a new seat?

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
new seats become costly when you've got SRS side bags apparantly. Looked into replacing them since the material on the backrest is close to coming off.

Sat down with the seat (bad pun) and had a look. The bar linking the backrest to the base had come out of place and wasn;t going back in since the backrest wasn't alligned, took some working but got it all back together. The seat belt catchs the tilt adjust wheel when I buckle in and that's what pulled the bar. Sigh.

-Slippy