Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken glove box handle

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to replace the glove box handle in a VZ; the opening mechanism is broken. A new one from Holden costs $27, for labour they'll charge me a further $45. The labour charge is a rip-off in my opinion.

Would replacing the handle be as easy as a DIY job? Is there anyone out there with a guide?

Help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Last edited:

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
well i left thought someone would have a link or sumthin!~
anyways its not too hard just pull lower trim off (under glove box if its got it)
pull glove box out (screws around it with door open and 2-3? underneath)
hold firmly and yank on glove box but dont pull all the way out
undo electrical connections from glove box
remove glove box from car to a bench
then theres screws on the inside of the door that undo allowing the case (outer panel) to pop off
then replace whats shagged....

now like i said i dont remember exactly but you could do it yourself vy vz ve very similar (except latches inside panelling)
if you can get the glove box out then you can probably see how to pull it apart from there....

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
well i left thought someone would have a link or sumthin!~
anyways its not too hard just pull lower trim off (under glove box if its got it)
pull glove box out (screws around it with door open and 2-3? underneath)
hold firmly and yank on glove box but dont pull all the way out
undo electrical connections from glove box
remove glove box from car to a bench
then theres screws on the inside of the door that undo allowing the case (outer panel) to pop off
then replace whats shagged....

now like i said i dont remember exactly but you could do it yourself vy vz ve very similar (except latches inside panelling)
if you can get the glove box out then you can probably see how to pull it apart from there....

Thanks for the help. Seems pretty simple enough, only its the wiring that's worrying me. Car is due for service within a month, I can let them have a look at it then.