Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken indicator

D

dave.b

Lately my indicator has been sticky n wont stay on when turning, last night i turned right n was in a pissy mood n flicked it hard n it broke off inside where it meets. anyhow how much approx would this cost me to fix, or could i do it myself cheaply? and another thing is how do u get the cover behind the steering wheel off?.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
i did that with mine snaped it in half,
you have to take the steering wheel off and there is three screws holding it in, just buy a second hand one or possibly new if u can find one, i think the wreakers werer trying to rip me of 50bucks or so for a new one and 30 for second hand
but this was some time ago so cant remba the price exactly

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
you usually need a wheelpuller for the steering wheel
the switch is plastic and has 2 wire springs on it of different colours, springs available from a holden dealer, get some if installing a second hand switch as the ones on it are probably due to fail soon

dont force the lever as mentioned its all plastic and not strong

D

dave.b

is it possible to wire the indicators to switchs?, if so which wires are the indicator ones and how would i go about doing it?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
you can get the stalk new at autobarn.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
yeah I think its about 50 new, cheaper on ebay if your lucky, my old car had an ebay stalk and it stood up to alot of indicating.

wiring the indicators up to a switch? why? keep the stalk in there, otherwise your just going to make it impossible to indicate.