Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken Rear Shock Mount Bolt

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Gee, this turned into a bitch fight, I only asked if he lived at a wreckers hence he has 3 phase..

Yes my spelling is not good but you seem to understand what I'm saying, all I want is to help people and give them another avenue its then up to the OP either to take it or leave it..

And yes VC I did lay into VIN as he was coming across a bit aggressive, then I changed my point of view once all your close neat group started on me, If you cant handle the backlash then don't dish it out. AS the mod said ignore and move on all this bs can be avoided if your gang just stop starting things and protecting each other putting your noses in. We are all not perfect and said things that didn't help the OP question just like your oil pressure hell VS lover saying a Intake manifold gasket is the reason for a rough idle when it has no effect bar oil in coolant or vice versa. I said many of times unless the car is in your drive way its just speculation assuming the issues.
Every bit of info can lead to solving a problem right or wrong, bottom line taking it to a mechanic is a best option on most cases you can spend triple the amount of money replacing unnecessary parts.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Sorry but I have to say while I've been on here way less time than you guys ,
your not helping this site with this shxt = it might be entertaining for the blow ins but for the serious followers you're only killing it !!!!!!!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I'd chop stud off drill hole just to fit HT nut & bolt...quick & simple solution.

Then if it bends or breaks easier to replace next time although should be fine as I've done that on IRS cars with stripped out lower shock bolts when some doofus rattle guns them in tight.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Sorry but I have to say while I've been on here way less time than you guys ,
your not helping this site with this shxt = it might be entertaining for the blow ins but for the serious followers you're only killing it !!!!!!!

Yea have to agree.

And while I suggested welding I am happy to admit the best and probably cheapest is drill/tap/and bolt, but of course if the op does not have a drill and bits, or tap or experience to use both then a trip to someone who can do the job may be the go.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Gee, this turned into a bitch fight, I only asked if he lived at a wreckers hence he has 3 phase..

Yes my spelling is not good but you seem to understand what I'm saying, all I want is to help people and give them another avenue its then up to the OP either to take it or leave it..

And yes VC I did lay into VIN as he was coming across a bit aggressive, then I changed my point of view once all your close neat group started on me, If you cant handle the backlash then don't dish it out. AS the mod said ignore and move on all this bs can be avoided if your gang just stop starting things and protecting each other putting your noses in. We are all not perfect and said things that didn't help the OP question just like your oil pressure hell VS lover saying a Intake manifold gasket is the reason for a rough idle when it has no effect bar oil in coolant or vice versa. I said many of times unless the car is in your drive way its just speculation assuming the issues.
Every bit of info can lead to solving a problem right or wrong, bottom line taking it to a mechanic is a best option on most cases you can spend triple the amount of money replacing unnecessary parts.

Just remember these words TLH....You're the biggest giver of bulldust advise on this forum.....

Heavy VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt V6
Man.... I wonder what would happen if you had broken two shock bolts.......o_O

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I ended up doing the job today, quite time consuming but i got there....
3/8th Rod with a few nuts, 8mm Drill bit (which was a tag small) 3/8th Tap...
Due to the 8mm drill bit (which the nut n bolt place said was correct size to use) being a bit small, i had to ream to hole a little to be able to cut a thread.
But all done now...

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Threaded rod be only mild steel so don't over tighten the nut.
Lets hope Phillbert didn't get the rod from bunnings that would most likely be 4.8 the fact he said its 3/8 not 10 mm would probably give it away that its not our favourite cheap rod in 3 pages surely it was mentioned to get a high tensile bolt it never hurts to check ?