Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Browser/s running slow on Social Media

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I'm quite a social media buff, particularly good old Facebook.

I run a relatively 'not bad' spec'd laptop (AMD Quad Core @ 1.8GHz), 4Gb DDR3 Memory.

I have zero mal/spy/bloat ware. I've checked via Malware Bytes and run Windows Defender on Windows 10. On Google Chrome (main browser), general website surfing tends to be quite average, however on Social Media, it's almost like I'm on a 56k Modem. It's not my internet speeds, I've tried hotspotting via my phone and on ADSL2+ WiFi, my phone loads websites no problem.

Any clues/ideas? What browser/s do you use?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Facebook is main culprit, uses up a vast amount of memory with its memory leaks.

Couple days ago, was using up 1.8gig using one tab using Opera

Does same with Chrome and Firefox.
And i use ad blockers.

Just a **** sometimes

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Yeah, facebook have their own bloatware /analytics and monitoring built in which probably clags up their website. Plus the growing push advertising bloating our internet experience.

It could also be the growing number of private corporate internet bots, web crawlers / spiders, clagging up our internet.
Humans are attempting to 'monetize' everything and anything, it's the way of the world unfortunately. Companies have been data mining Twitter for years and selling the information for profit and users don't even know they are doing it.

LONDON — You may not have heard of Crimson Hexagon, but the chances are it’s heard of you.

Since it launched in 2008, the New York-based analytics firm has collected, stored, and indexed over a trillion public posts from Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, and Instagram to create the world’s largest database of its kind.

The firm’s core competency is “unstructured text analytics.” In other words, as Crimson Hexagon’s CEO Stephanie Newby tells BI in a phone interview, the firm has developed software which processes its database of the world’s conversations on social media and allows customers “to ask any question at all.”

Read more at https://www.businessinsider.com/ana...ct-stock-movements-2017-4#8pe3miK8WFvVpXZ8.99

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don't use any of the major "social media" platforms and still notice that the interwebs is getting slower and slower.....

I think the interwebs is becoming like Auckland traffic, we used to have peak usage when things would be slow but peak usage is now fairly much constant (like Auckland grid locked traffic) and everything is just slow constantly.