Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brutus VTII LS3 Berlina Wagon

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Blown LS3 Berlina Wagon
Brutus VTII Blown LS3 Berlina Wagon

Name: Brutus.
Model: Holden VTII Berlina Wagon.
Colour: B168 Bermuda Blue.
Bodykit: HBD.
Engine Type: Chevrolet Performance LS3 with Magnuson Heartbeat 2300 Supercharger.
Engine Mods: Engine build by HPF, supercharger and tune by VCM.
Power: 557kW (747hp) 980Nm. 400RWkW.
Fuel Delivery: Walbro GSS341 255l/h high performance pump. Bosch 65lb injectors.
Exhaust: HM 1.63" Tri-Y extractors, 3.5" high flow cats, dual 2.5" catback with automatic bi-modal muffler, all stainless.
Gearbox: Toughened rebuilt 4L65E box with low stall and high lockup converter.
Tailshaft: Custom Hardy Spicer high power rated Chromoly driveshaft with upsized CV, Unis and centre bearing.
Differential: 3.07 Wavetrac enhanced torque bias centre with Harrop Sport diff casing.
Drive Shafts: Diff Technics GForce 1000HP CV shafts and forged 2 piece stub axles.
Brakes: Harrop performance 343mm 12 slot discs and 4 piston calpiers with QFM HPX pads. Line locker to disable rear brakes.
Suspension: Upgraded struts and all upgraded new stabilizers, links, casters and nolathane bushes, strut brace. Level ride system.
Wheels/Tyres: 18" ROH Vapours with Bridgestone 235/40 S001 Potenzas.
Electrics: New genuine Mitsubishi 140A alternator, upsized all heavy duty cables, Optima yellow battery.
Lighting: LED bulbs for all external lights except high and low beam headlights.
Interior: Refurbished with leather wheel, stick etc.
Stereo: 2DIN Sony XAV601BT with 2200Wrms Hertz amps and 8 Hertz speakers including 2x8" subs in tailgate.
Security: Viper SmartStart Alarm and GPS location reporting via SMS, remote engine disable, siren sounding and door locking.
Cameras: Blackview DR550 dual HD unit (front and rear) with GPS, 3 axis accelerometer, WiFi, and parking mode. Reversing camera and side camera (for gutters) through 2DIN stereo screen.
Alerting: High decibel tripple air horns.
Other mods: Full respray. All body rubbers and catches replaced.
Awards: Top Sleeper at Victorian State Wagon Titles 2015. 2nd Show & Shine at Van Nats 2016.

Rebuilt. New (almost) everything - including respray.
Effing quick. Goes like a cut cat. Stops like the Road Runner. Nice family car.

Last edited:

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Looks like you have done a fair bit to her, nice going with the motor etc.. Bet those 18 inch wheels/tyres lose traction too easily...

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bet those 18 inch wheels/tyres lose traction too easily...
Yep. The traction control does a whole lot more work that it used to ... and the rears are shrinking way too fast.
The RE002s are expensive but they grip like glue. The down side is rubber vanishing without smoke! Have had to modify my driving style some ... :whistling

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
As soon as i get in my car traction button gets turned off. Damn annoying as it kicks in with only moderate acceleration and as soon as it detects slight wheel spin. Can be dangerous when trying to accelerate quickly into the traffic flow as it cuts power.. Nice brakes by the way..thats my next update when funds r available.

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Damn that's cool. If I'd held onto my VT wagon I'd have copied everything you've done, I like it.

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
I like it
Thanks. It was a choice between a new (too small) wagon or a full rebuild. Very happy with the result. Now goes better than any new car ... :yeah:

Kuksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Senator Signature Wagon
Love your choice in engine mate! So want one of these in my wags! got any videos of what it sounds like?

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Nice man, always good to see a mint sleeper wagon :)

cept the chev badge on the bottom corner of the tailgate but at least you didn't swap the holden badges out for em.

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
cept the chev badge on the bottom corner of the tailgate
Thanks. Yeah, felt I just had to have something to acknowledge the engine, which is most definitely Chevy. Chose the most unobtrusive badge I could find. Its even colour matched :rolleyes: Started out with "366" next to it for the kW, but soon took those off. Didnt get any peace. I think the blue bowtie will stay ...

Last edited: