Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bt1 memcal

mrphanx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5speed
New
hi i have a vs 3.8 Lt was auto now its manual so i was somewhere the other day getting a steering wheel off a defected vs bt1 3.8 Ltr its on the plate under the bonnet me bing me thort id have a suss of the memcal in the ecu and compare it to mine because all these rumours about a police chip blah blah so i removed it and removed the blue cover so i could see the numbers on the memcal so the one from my vs had just numbers and a couple of letters in it the one from the bt1 said BT1AP so what did i do i put it in mine i know what my car ran like be4 as i have had the car for about 4 to 5 years and converted it to manual done top end rebuild put lsd sexuality assulted the thing it goes well it also has extractors and cold air induction and msd coilpacks tydy vs anyways the bt1 memcal it feels more responsive it im not saying that its chipped but there is definitely a difference style in performance since i changed the memcal so i dont know but i know for sure that my car is different since i put that memcal from the bt1 in the bt1 that it come from still has the sump guard and the difrent cluster in it and is lsd solid not irs so who knows really scratching my head with it all but its deffently is diffrent even skids better let me know what u all think thanks

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I've just pulled one yesterday from a Series 1 VS plated BT1 vehicle but haven't removed the blue cover as yet.

I'm about to do the same and do the swapsy on my sons VS as that one has no LPG fitted with dual fuel Memcal installed like two of our other VS's on hand have. This way the comparison becomes a level playing field.

Once I've done this I'll report back to advise if I noticed any substantial changes at all.

Cheers.

Last edited:

mrphanx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5speed
this is the one from the bt1

Attachments

• 1545895348243337086240114914344.jpg
    1545895348243337086240114914344.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 129

mrphanx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5speed
post a pic ov the numbers when you pull it out to swap

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Did that have a blue cover?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
this is the one from the bt1

BTXP is a standard VS tune not BT1 as far as I'm aware, it's certainly a later one with a fair few revisions to fix **** that comes to light once the cars have been on the road for a while.

mrphanx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5speed
yes it had a blue cover on it iv taken it out now it makes my car coughf like it has a vacume leake but im thinking its due to mine is manual and the bt1 i stripped is auto so what did u mean by revsision to fix that