Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BT1 Memcal

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
heres one for the resident memcal guru !!

a guy told me that a bt1 computer was different do the stocko 3.6 one. i told him he was a d!ckhead..... been botherin me the last few days .. or am i the d!ckhead? lol. any diff?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The computers would be the same and the memcals should be too, I don't know if the highway interceptors got any special treatment on the VN's, like they did on the VL's (couple of extra turns on the wastegate for extra boost) but the best they could hope for is a HSV memcal, there is one listed BBMP for Police and HSV. I have a friend with an ex interceptor but I havn't seen the chip so can't really comment further : )

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
greenfoam said:
I don't know if the highway interceptors got any special treatment on the VN's, like they did on the VL's (couple of extra turns on the wastegate for extra boost)
VLs were delivered STOCK by holden, not boosted at all.
What the individual officers did after getting access to the car is another story though.......
I remember getting one particularly quick one in for service once that also had reports of pinging.
Upon closer inspection the wastegate actuator had been rendered inoperative by virtue of a carefully installed length of fencing wire.

One particular NSW HWP copper I knew well had his own lower airbox with 1/2 the front cut out of it for more induction roar on the V8s. It got swapped from car to car each time it was updated....

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Can I ask what BT1 stands for?

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
BT1 is the Production Option number assigned by Holden to the National Police/Law enforcement/Government Vehicle package

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
mixin said:
VLs were delivered STOCK by holden, not boosted at all.
What the individual officers did after getting access to the car is another story though.......
I remember getting one particularly quick one in for service once that also had reports of pinging.
Upon closer inspection the wastegate actuator had been rendered inoperative by virtue of a carefully installed length of fencing wire.

One particular NSW HWP copper I knew well had his own lower airbox with 1/2 the front cut out of it for more induction roar on the V8s. It got swapped from car to car each time it was updated....

Hmm, I remember them running the same extra boost as the HDT Calais, well either way Police or Holden modified : ) the turbo interceptors used to just sneak under 15 seconds on the quarter mile

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
ok here goes
VNV6 no different memcals
VNV8 a handful were fitted with 180 kw packages (10 at most)
VP same
VRV6 Radio interference package (metallic plated connectors & different memcal) no performance gain
VRV8 No different memcal
VSV6 Radio interference package (metallic plated connectors & different memcal) no performance gain
VSV8 Some fitted with 185 HSV package ( for overheating problems) probably 15 or 20 in all, in hotter climates only.
VTV6 No different memcal
VTV8 increased idle speed in neutral to keep battery charged when idling with lights etc on.
VTLS1 no different flash calibrations
VX, VY, VZ no different flash calibrations

Now im sorry to all those who believe otherwise but this is fact,
if you have brought one of these so called "police memcals" from that rogue on ebay bad luck.

Cheers Rob

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
Now the prob is getting them to believe you Doc, I've been trying for years to dispel the myths.......

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
lol .. well imma kinda inclined to believe the doc anyways,
i was just curious to see if there was any difference, so i could sell it as a bt1 when i upgrade the ecu. *sigh*