Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bt1

vsbvt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s2
Hi everyone,

first time here.I have recently acquired a bt1 vs commodore owned by the NSW police after liking its condition , handling, performance etc.
I guess this leads me to your site after having driven dozens of commodores and finally owning one i enjoy driving in the time I get to spend in it , this surprised me a little.
After some of my own research I am trying to bring together what BT1 spec.actually is..
Can any of you assist here?Can you tell me what you guys know?
Should i be contacting Holden ? I dont know..
Looking fwd to hearing from you..

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
NSW BT1 Pack...

The BT1 pack contains the following: ABS, FE2 Sports Suspension, IRS, LSD, Driver's Airbag (SRS), 80L fuel tank, Sump protector plate and fuel tank protector plate, Door interior light switches disabled, map reading light/interior light, special brake pads (front and rear), certified police speedometer, with light in instrument binnacle over speedo (to read speedo no lights on).

And in case you are wondering, no they do not have a chip as many people believe.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Following on from what 1991_Vn2nV says, my Australian Capital Territory VS2 BT1 does not have some of those features - no IRS/sump protectors/80L tank. It does have the passenger airbag added. Mine was ex Military Police (navy) and has the filled hole in the middle of the roof for the aerial and holes in the engine bay where things had been removed. Apparently Customs, Immigration, federal and state police plus fire rescue departments could buy them setup to their requirements.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
VR & VS BT1 have a specific PCM & Memcal, its part of a Radio Interference Package. The PCM has metallic plated connectors & the Memcal has a different broadcast code.
No advantage for normal use
Rob

freakme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 5L
VR & VS BT1 have a specific PCM & Memcal, its part of a Radio Interference Package. The PCM has metallic plated connectors & the Memcal has a different broadcast code.
No advantage for normal use
Rob

Dr Bob,

I have a BWFZ 195699RFI (5Ltr BT1) computer in my car at present.... given that it is an integral part which is conducive for performance, what do u recommend for it? What chip should I put in it to get as much performance out of it as possible?

Cheers for your help...

Freakme

vsbvt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s2
I came up with everything you did vn2nv , im not so sure on the 80L tank.
Something worth mentioning also wouuld be the ss seats that i have seen in a few including mine.
This also has the tell tale signs of filled hole on the front guard and roof also.

Not overly worried about what chip etc is is mine currently, I havent looked or had it played with.. but wll let you know when i get to that part of the car soon.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the absoloute best option is a full custom tune, probably about $900 & upwards, or a proven mail order tune for much less that will give you 95% of that.

Rob

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My 95 doesn't have IRS, 80 Litre tank or sump/tank protectors but does have dual a/bags and SS interior.

vsbvt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s2
hey doctor bob

any recommendations for the western area of syd for that full tune?
Nearly ready to go !

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
did vs bt1 v6 ever have the ss interior