Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BTA Titanium Exhaust System ??

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Not an Abba fan will hook you up with hurricane headers 1 7/8, hi flow cats and 2.5" manta catback shipped to your door for $2460 excellent product. Very happy with mine!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Mate, i will think of it.. won't drone, right?

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
So from what I understand 2.5" systems are good and most claim a 3" drones.

Now you asked about the BTA ti system and not Xforce, hurricane or manta so let's focus on the BTA system. The video I watched showed a twin 3" ti system with stainless headers and it sounds completely different to everything else and great while doing doughnuts in the car park (watch the videos) I love the note and if it's 4k supplied I would but one over the full KPM system which is my personal favorite until today.

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
So from what I understand 2.5" systems are good and most claim a 3" drones.

Now you asked about the BTA ti system and not Xforce, hurricane or manta so let's focus on the BTA system. The video I watched showed a twin 3" ti system with stainless headers and it sounds completely different to everything else and great while doing doughnuts in the car park (watch the videos) I love the note and if it's 4k supplied I would but one over the full KPM system which is my personal favorite until today.

Yes... thats why its hard for me to decide, but it seems not many people use Ti System.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I have bought several Akropovic (Ti) exhausts for my bikes mainly for weight and balance. Doesn't make sense on a street car... taking out the spare gives you 3x better performance!
BTW You do realise there is next to no power difference between exhaust systems from the cat back?!
Anyone who tells you a special exhaust pipe after the O2 bung and catalytic convertor will gain you power is yanking your chain.
Most 2.5" performance pipes will flow 400+ CFM, doesn't matter what brand.
Your LS3 breathes in 305 CFM max (restricted by the manifold BTW), so no need to panic about power loss through the exhaust too much!
Your HSV stock exhaust restricts power mainly because of one small easily-fixed chink, a 1 1/2" NVH restrictor immediately after the header to cat flange:
y5ypuvyn.jpg

That's less than 25% diameter of the combined port(s) size at the head. Simply replace this bit with metal hi-flow cats and 2.5" mandrel to header flange as secondary for $600-$700. This will definitely maximise performance even without a tune, make it rumble and bark louder and crackle clearer. Want it even LOUDer?! Swap axleback (rear cans).
Take a look at this video of two high performance G8s both flowing well over 330 CFM.
http://www.grrrr8.net/Forums/showthread.php?t=33743
The one on the left has a stock catback (without above restriction).
Exhaust pipe performance catback is ignorant pipe-stroking about brands and bullshit. Forget catback power, which is a given thing when you replace the restriction as above.
After that, try different cans at the back because that is where most of the sound should come from. Ideally the exhaust will give you a low rumble at idle, no 116hz cabin drone at any time, and open up when on cam.
Consider a good value 2.5" from NAAF or even Xforce $750 job sounds ok IMO. You like it loud so turn it up an judge for yourself:
[video=youtube_share;kUuJi3O85hQ]http://youtu.be/kUuJi3O85hQ[/video]

Last edited:

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Nah no drone at all on my system. I can't justify spending 4 or 5 k on a full system. Kpm are good don't get me wrong be geez they're over priced to buggery. As are Difillipo. I just went mild steel. Stainless is wank factor anyway. Particularly if you don't keep your cars for overly long. It doesn't look nice and pretty after a couple of months anyway.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
And pirate is right gains from a catback are next to stuff all. It's in the headers and cats. Mainly the restrictive poorly designed cats. LS engines love to breath!

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hi-Tech Mufflers sounds good too, but they only supply 2.5 one

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi tech do 3" I've asked.