Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bubbling radiator

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
hey guys. i dont no if this is normal but my car has always done. for some reason i quite often here my radiator bottle thing bubbling and making odd noises. i think its often worse wen im a little low on water.

is this normal or should i get my radiator checked. i have a new/ second hand radiator as my old one split and i only just flushed and cleaned out my water system

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I had this happen in my VL..Are you just running water in your radiator or what? You cant just use water or cheap coolant in VN's.

I ended up having my radiator replaced. As it turned out there was a blockage in your radiator. Seeing as you have a series 1 you cant check the coolant level under the radiator cap as you have no radiator cap... Take it to a radiator place perhaps and get it checked and if there a blockage they will clear it or replace the radiator.

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
ok well i no my radiator isnt blocked as my old one did this too, and as for clooant like all added oils and stuff like that i buy the most expensive i can aslong as its effective. i use that longlife stuff just cause its stronger. and i ran cleaner in it about 2 weeks ago, the water unfortanelty was a little brown

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Could be a blown head gasket. Had a vh once that always had bubbles coming from the radiator, both the tanks blew off the radiator from the extra pressure getting in the cooling system from the combustion chambers. had to change the rad as well as the head gasket and solved the problem.