Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bucket seats?

Anth0ny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Olympic Edition Commodore
ay guys, just wondering what type of work will be done to fit racing/bucket seats into a VT series II olympic edition?
also:
what are some good racing/bucket seats from other model holdens?
and
is it possible to fit some jdm type seats into the car i.e recaro/bride?

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
ay guys, just wondering what type of work will be done to fit racing/bucket seats into a VT series II olympic edition?
also:
what are some good racing/bucket seats from other model holdens?
and
is it possible to fit some jdm type seats into the car i.e recaro/bride?

Hey mate, I have Monza Type R Seats in my VS ute.
It was quite simple to do the swap over, it took a good afternoon to get it all done and mounted properly.
First off, make sure the seats are ADR approved, or this could cause many problems such as voiding your insurance and a fat defect.
Most mainline seats like mine have adaptor kits you can purchase that bolt onto the exisiting floor rails of the car so that you don't have to re drill and fabricate seat rails, which in turn could lead to needing an engineering certificate.
So all it is a matter of, finding some seats that you like, finding some adaptor plates, take the current seats out, take the rails off them, chuck them onto the new seats, and re bolt the new seats in.
Although, be warned, the factory seats are very difficult to get the rails off because they use lock tight on their bolts, so be careful you don't strip the alen key heads or those rails won't be going anywhere!

Anth0ny

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks guys, VY series II SS seats might be the go, if you dont mind me asking what was cost of it to get em all put in?

also i remember reading somewhere that Monza seats weren't ADR approved?

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
thanks guys, VY series II SS seats might be the go, if you dont mind me asking what was cost of it to get em all put in?

also i remember reading somewhere that Monza seats weren't ADR approved?

Really? Not approved, that's not right at all.
If you look on the website mate they are marked as ADR approved...

Anth0ny

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh yep too true mate, not sure where i read it btu yeahh, it was obviously wrong.

Rikls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss commodore
I know probly wont get a response a bit old but are you aloud to swap vx commodore seats out for after market sport bucket seats of some sort ? Doesnt it have a air bag thing on the seat ?

Heavy VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt V6
Depending on your model. Mine is a base model series 2 vt. It doesn't have seat air bags. I have put in ss seats with air bags, but the seat air bags are not connected.

Rikls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss commodore
Depending on your model. Mine is a base model series 2 vt. It doesn't have seat air bags. I have put in ss seats with air bags, but the seat air bags are not connected.
Oh ok ill have a look tonight mine is series 2 vx v6 so if it doesnt have air bags then i can put aftermarket seats as long as meet the safety standards ?

Heavy VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt V6
I'm guessing you would have to get a mod plate to make it legal. Probably better off talking to someone who does mod plates to find out what is required before doing anything.