Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Budget build for vh need advice.

Sotirik

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy
hey guys. basically i have a vh thats been sitting around in the back for a while now. decided ill use her as a project for the strip. ive gota 15k budget which will have to include for labor to. is 500hp unreasonable or atleast close to it? whats my best option for bang per hp? ive spoken to a couple of blokes and ive heard it all from ls swap, turbo 3.8L(which will take little work to drop in), stroked 308 and crate motors. go easy on me lads, just need some opinions cheers.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
$15k for 500 horse's including labor forget it , if you want 500 horses you'll spend more than that on parts, times your number by 5 is my thoughts

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Actually I think 500hp for less than 15K is quite acheivable. Especially if youre prepared to use second hand parts and spend time researching. Also the condition of the rest car will play a part.

My choice would be the LS swap hands down. Already plenty of power to begin with. Given that one from a VT started at 300hp... well almost. You're essentially looking at a 60% power increase. Yeah thats a lot but with the LS1 having so much potential... the ability is there. You could without a doubt get the same sort of power from a blown V6 but there is no doubt that the budget will be under a helluva lot more load.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
For a start is are you planning to register the car? As that has a large impact on how easy/hard it will be to make your budget. But I'd say doable with either a 5L or LS.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
twin turbo LS or twin turbo Nissan six , tubbed for traction ,