Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Budget System - Help

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Thread gets harder to read, What does that last post of yours mean?

Specs on paper aren't really valued all to well anymore, Due to the fact most companies over compensate and generally aren't as good as they can seem on paper. Or on the other hand high end products under value and pump harder then what paper sais.

So to simplify this, Your budget is $400 to allow a sub, amp and installation?

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Ok so you want to spend $400 on just the wiring? Look at my question, Then look at your response champ. That's what i said. It's not too 'budgety', Thats the joy of being a supplier. You work with the customer, Get them best value for money on 'there' budget.

If something gets to difficult (I hope you don't give up this easy in everyday life ;) ) Don't crack the sads and give up, If your genuinely wanting the products im sure we can work with you and get the best possible sounding system to suit your $400 budget. Just don't like to waste my time is all.

Cheers,
Super6

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Yeah, But not just the wiriring mate, I know it's tired I'll let you off... thanks a lot, And nah I dont give up this easy, It's just so many different opinions are overwhelming, hahahahha.....

$400 is for.. an amp, a sub, and the wiring.

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Champ look at my second post, That is what i asked. And you said 'Nah' then went on the explain what i already just said. Im not sure as to why you are 'letting me off', I think should be 'letting you off' ? ;)

Ok, So you are aware of what wiring includes and what you will have to do in order to install this? As in i assume you can do the work yourself, And not require a shop to do it for you?

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Not really mate, But my friends an auto electrician for i think over 30 years, And should be able to work it all out.. "I hope"

I'm Buzzing off caffeine at the moment, hahaha.

I'm thinking just buy one of the packs, And be done with it, Surely what ever I buy for me will be decent and sound 10x better than the tube.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
In a car the size of a Commodore, getting good, clean bass will always be a difficult task, and an expensive one too i might add. A cheap sub and amp package like the above listed, are a poor choice in components when it comes to your vehicle size, budget, and expectations.

As far as value for money is concerned, if your just after an increase in volume, and slightly better bass response, then a decent set of 6x9's, and a 2nd hand amp to power them, would be a much wiser choice.

The above listed packages, are only slightly better than what you previously had. Going from what you had, to one of them, will not show a $400 increase in sound.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Just thought i'd post up that WOW sight and sound have a fusion pack for $250.. 12" sub in ported box, amp and wiring kit. Might be worth a shot if your trying to do it on the cheap, but again won't be any better than the other packs.

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Hey, I've been thinking About everything people have said In here, And How people say I should look at ebay for my selection, And I was looking since I really have spent the last freaking 2 years wanting something somewhat decent, And my cousin Just installed his own kit So installation is def doable by myself, But how is this system?

Sansui 8-Piece Car Audio Package with 4 Speakers, 2 Sub - eBay Amplifiers, Audio, Video, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-May-10 07:39:17 AEST)

I've never heard of it really, But it seems to be pretty good.... Only thing that looks not in that package is boxes for the subs.

Should I look at ebay for my system? Or could I bargain with my cousin at strathfield where he brought his stuff And get it around the same price as ebay prices?

He spent I think around 700 - 800 all up for speakers sub and amp etc, And sounded fantastic, Hows that ebay package? I've never heard of Sansui Though.

Or even something like this... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-x-Clarion-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ead1a8f0c

I also have a question: Would it be visable to replace my 2 front door speakers, and 2 back door speakers And put a set in the parcel shelf first? I want to know if My standard VX Speakers are just as good as a decent $110-ish pair of whatever brand I buy from Autobarn etc?

This is my plan if i "should" replace my standard speakers now....

Buy new front speakers, And new rear speakers, And get 6x9's in the parcel shelf..... And then in a Week or so upgrade the amp and sub then? Can find decent second hand ones on ebay for around $250.... Or wouldn't I notice much from the standard vx s pac speakers to new ones?

I was thinking of spending around 300ish on the 2 front speakers, 2 rear door speakers, and 100 on the parcel shelf... BUT I've been reading that rear door speakers are not ALL that important and mostly for rear passengers?

Most of the time, I've only got 1 friend in the car, Not a whole car full.... So would I notice a good difference with say decent $100ish front speakers, and decentish $120 parcel shelf speakers?
From my standard vx spac front door speakers and rear door speakers? Then I can go from there and buy the amp and sub later... Doing 1 part at a time?

So now I'm just wondering If it's visable on doing just speakers now... "Will i notice much of a difference?" And then do my sub and amp later on? Is that a better choice than spending just 400 on amp and sub do you reckon?

Last edited:

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I'm tired so wont prob reply to all.. but stay away from sansui i'd say - didnt bother looking at it but i think a safe bet is stay away
Don't put six speakers in the vx. if you have a sub, stick to the 6inch speakers in the front and rear doors

If you dont usually carry passengers spend your entire speaker budget on a good pair of front splits . you are in the front, you hear the front speakers not the back. much better for sound quality too, to have the speakers coming from infront of you not behind you, its called 'sound staging'