Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buffing out scratches etc.?

Cobra Clutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ii
Got a few shallow but large starches on the VS ute and wondered what the best way to buff them out is.

Also my sister borrowed it and scraped it along her picket fence, no damage but some white paint transfered over.

On the VK's I could just use a little wet n dry, but on that kind of metallic copper paint I'd be a bit more hesitant.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
usually if you can feel the scratch it cant be buffed out, factory paint jobs dont usually have that much of a clear coat, and it you buff through the clear you will notice it more then the scratch.

as for the white paint, there is a good chance just a good polish will get it off.

wet rub is ok, but use caution, as i said before there not that much clear on factory paint and you dont want to rub through it, and dont use anything less then 1500 grit.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
i reackon polish would do it

SwordFish

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vZ
Nah white doesn have a clear coat! Hit it up with an electric orbital sander and a foam buffing pad, use slow RPM and VERY low pressure

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
use some meguirs "Scratch X " scratch removing compound , its like cutting compound but alot finer . Or you can use some toothpaste it has a fine abrasive.

Cobra Clutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ii
Nah white doesn have a clear coat! Hit it up with an electric orbital sander and a foam buffing pad, use slow RPM and VERY low pressure

I didn't say it was white, its that copper colour.

I do, however, have an orbile sander...:wax: