Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bug Stains....

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
What you need is an old sock and ice cubes. Put the sock over your hand, hold the ice cube and it rub over sap.
Or you could try mineral spirits on a rag...dab it on gently dissolving the sap then wash and polish car.
(I used to detail new and used cars for Ford...I know I know... but it paid the bills lol)
Here is a website that you might like to look at if that fails.
"tree sap"
Good Luck ! :D

Last edited:
H

hsvvy05

well I'll be buggered!!! The ice cube trick did the job almost instantly - you're a champ Lish071 :D

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
well I'm not just a pretty face ya know :p PMSL ! Glad I could help :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz cv8z monaro fusion 6spdm
you could also use prepsol (automotive industrial strength cleaner) it will remove almost anything that will land on your car's paint and it doesn't harm automotive 2 pack paint or anything it's great stuff even takes off tar from road works tree sap etc etc (buy this from like paint shop's ppg, dulon etc etc) very good stuff and very easy to use just put on rag and wipe over effected area of paint several times (looks just like paint thinners and is very thin like paint thinners too)

click the scales if i helped you (somebody tell me what the scales do)

Summernats2010

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
Lish071 said:
get a blue car wash ENJO mitt - they are fab! (www.enjo.com.au) just a bucket of water and no chemicals...so easy and so quick...works on the same principal as the towel trick being that the water softens them for easy removal but a lot less mucking around and much quicker. SABCO also do a cheaper version in Woolies and Coles...just as good I reckon. They wont scratch your car (I use mine on our tiger mica SS paintwork) they also get the lil pesty things off the number plate.

Thanks Lish.. You rock!

I bought the sabco microfibre auto sponge ($5) works heaps better than the old method I was using. Still got to rub a bit on the baked on stuff but at least the work gets results. Awesome, cleanest my car has been for months.

Thats the good thing about these forums, dumbasses like me can put up a stupid post and someone will come along with a sensible, workable solution......orright!

Hey, how about a dedicated forum just for detailing? Looks like Lish could just about run it herself. :angel:

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
I'd be only too happy to help out with detailing if the mods wanted me to set up a detailing sticky... :D:thumbsup:

VYSHSV8

**** happens
Reaction score
Website
www.ls1-australia.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 M6
Lish071 said:
I'd be only too happy to help out with detailing if the mods wanted me to set up a detailing sticky... :D:thumbsup:
hey Lish my wife does it for a living as well, detailing that is thats why my car is usually spickand span, she didn't do as many a day as you but has 4 limos each week to keep clean and the bosses cars as well..... would be good to see a dedicated detailing and problem solving section set-up.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
Yeah, sticky would be ok but don't detailing issues effect everyone regardless of model? BTW, what's the easiest way to remove dried milk? (thanks Locky!)

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
Hi Locky
sticky already underway in General.... :thumbsup:
dried milk... I would suggest a woolwash or wool upholstery cleaner. Wool washes are gentler than other harsher cleaners.
Apply the upholstery cleaner then work the area with your fingertips in circular motions then wipe with clean, damp, white cloth (eg old nappy or towel).
cheers
Del :D