Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buick and Ecotec V6 Performance Upgrades

yentzelburger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Wagon
Lovely post! I will be refering back here in the future for info when i want to do things.
Thanks mate

supercharged stato

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv v6 superchaged statesman
hey i have just got a vs v6 superghaged stato i want to do it up put not shure what to start with any advice is will good thanks

tpole

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series II V6 Statesman
Great post man, make me think how much money im going to need to do the mods i want, nice that you did the research so i don't really have to go out and do it, and explaining it in simple terms is great.

gavanchua

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim V6
I was wondering if to install an oil cooler kit for the autobox or to install a shift kit to keep the tranny cooler when driving it hard. Anyone know where i can get quotes on this stuff and also with installation as well in the brisbane area?

thanks.

Gavan

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
I was wondering if to install an oil cooler kit for the autobox or to install a shift kit to keep the tranny cooler when driving it hard. Anyone know where i can get quotes on this stuff and also with installation as well in the brisbane area?

thanks.

Gavan

if you install a shift kit then you ought to install an oil cooler for the gearbox as you will be working it a lot hard and it will therefore create more heat. if you dont upgrade/install an oil cooler for the gearbox it will wear out a lot quicker on you

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
Hi does anyone know whether you can fit a Supercharged VS Cold Air Intake to a VY??? They are so much cheaper than any SS Inductions rubbish and they would do the exact same job in my opinion :) Thanks guys!

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Hi does anyone know whether you can fit a Supercharged VS Cold Air Intake to a VY??? They are so much cheaper than any SS Inductions rubbish and they would do the exact same job in my opinion :) Thanks guys!

Hey mate, no a VS one wont fit. If there was a factory VY option you should go for that. Else you'll have to look to the aftermarket.

Hope this helps!