Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buick and Ecotec V6 Performance Upgrades

smitty82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BERLINA SERII V6
Hey alot of helpful info man. Very well done. Where can u get performance shift modules from?

HK-VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ECOTEC
Great write up,thanks

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
smitty82,

Try http://shiftkits.com.au/ShiftKitsHolden.aspx I have one on my car, it definately firms up the shifts up to about 50% throttle. After that the ECU kicks in and softens the shifts as part of its tune. This can be firmed up if you talk to a tuner who can modify the Auto part of the ECU.

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
No worries, there is no substitute though for a good rebuilt auto with shift kit, billet servo, kevlar belt etc.

Hybz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
This thread has some really useful info. Someone want to add some stuff in about suspension? I would, but I'm under-qualified in that department, I think.

revan_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
hectik turbos
thanks mate realy good work all the info in the 1 place will help me out

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
I can say about suspension is don't shirt on the good stuff. get good shocks, springs, replace all worn bushes. Control arm bushes, sway bar link bushes, strut top bushes all wear quickly too so get good ones. Also install a 4 point adjustable rear camber kit to minimise inner tyre wear with a lowered setup. Pedders are good and they will give you a safety check for worn steering and suspension parts for $14.00. Tein is a great setup if you have the dollars (fully adjustable with stiffness adjustment).

Best bet is price around and if you are getting someone else to do it make sure they have a good rep.