Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buick and Ecotec V6 Performance Upgrades

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
VS Live Axel Price - $200 to $250
VS Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) Price - $250 to $300

By live axel do you mean the Solid Beam axel? I thought the IRS would be cheaper to do as the exhaust does not have to be placed over the top of the solid beam which is not there, unlike the solid beam axel. I got quoted at $290 fitted redback catback system for my VS commdore exec and my exhaust has a bend in it at the end just before the rear resinator, hence I think its solid beam. I thought there was more cost in doing the solid beam compared to the IRS?

Live Axel = Solid Beam. Live Axel is often cheaper because there are more Live Axel VR/VS commodores.

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Ute V6 Executive Series 1
great post mate, that is some really top shelf advice for a novice like me

cheers for the info

Fryzee

L Plater > LOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Calais V6
looking for price :(

Performance Shift Module

Average Prices for Performance Shift Modules:

Single Stage Performance Shift Module:
Price – Approximately $80

Two Stage Performance Shift Module:

Price – Approximately $120[/QUOTE]

mate im looking for a shift module to snap in the gears quicker in the old vs auto....

could you let me know where you got these quotes from and if its installed because im getting quotes $350+ .....

ps. im in sydney
thnx in advance.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
hey dufus nice post man ive learnt alot lol, just a quicky, if i get a cai system to go with my k&n filter and also get steal pipes to replace the plastic ones, will i notice a difference at all? or is it like a mini upgrade?

Thanks, Shane

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
yea thats wat my mate said aswell, he said if i really want to notice a differance get a shift kit or cams, but im not sure about those..

Thanks savage

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
wind up the pressure in the auto slightly and get a performance tune with the shifts changed youll notice the difference allright much better than the sloppy stock shifting after time.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
ahh ok thanks delco, and yea ur right with the shifting aftertime of the stock version i notice it real bad lol, ill try these things out and tell yas how much of a dif i notice, thanks