Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buick and Ecotec V6 Performance Upgrades

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Yeh. And he didn't fine me for anything as I didn't go speed dangerous. He was a good bloke and I wasn't a young hoon.

Reactions: Lex

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
He said he went for it and was shocked at the gap I pulled.

Never taking that risk again though.

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
Just had someone go past my house tyres screaming around the bend in a 50 zone where's a cop now it sounded like a Barra so it would have a p plate on it I'd say,geeez I must be getting old

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Bump, does anyone have any idea if this would work?
Anything can be made to work if you throw enough money at it. The plate is unfinished as mentioned on the page, so it still needs holes drilled and threads tapped.
It would take some fabricating, but could be done. You would have to speak with a fab shop to see if they are interested to mill and Tig weld.
Due to the stock Buick V6 manifold design, i think it would end up sitting a lot higher than L67 and would require a sizeable bonnet bulge.

See the L67 manifold design
l67pi_bottom.jpg

L27 manifold has long runners, you could only machine off some of the top plenum, weld the plate and have the blower sit on top of that. My guesstimate is the blower top would be around 50 to 75mm through the bonnet.
Image(415).jpg
Image(418).jpg
Image(419).jpg

And some more thoughts are it would have to position the blower pulley inline withe the current pulleys and may also need an extra or 2 idler pulleys to keep the belt in place.

Oh, and the alternator might have to be moved as well.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anything can be made to work if you throw enough money at it. The plate is unfinished as mentioned on the page, so it still needs holes drilled and threads tapped.
It would take some fabricating, but could be done. You would have to speak with a fab shop to see if they are interested to mill and Tig weld.
Due to the stock Buick V6 manifold design, i think it would end up sitting a lot higher than L67 and would require a sizeable bonnet bulge.

See the L67 manifold design
View attachment 215472

L27 manifold has long runners, you could only machine off some of the top plenum, weld the plate and have the blower sit on top of that. My guesstimate is the blower top would be around 50 to 75mm through the bonnet.
View attachment 215469View attachment 215470View attachment 215471

And some more thoughts are it would have to position the blower pulley inline withe the current pulleys and may also need an extra or 2 idler pulleys to keep the belt in place.

Oh, and the alternator might have to be moved as well.
Sounds like an expensive exercise and will work out cheaper to find SH SC side mount. I have just never seen one come up SH in the last two years of looking.