Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buick spark plugs

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
Never mind the 1000's of other vehicles i service and tune, the common sense needs to be applied to all ! as our industry is dying due to sell outs ,bought and read information and hand out qualifications the more insight people have the better for all of us !

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
And yes I agree no one else could probably tune my rolling science experiment lol

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
It changes every week and it's now running a conventional fuel system and now has a programable memcal so it's getting dyno tuned, it's got a lower pressure but higher flowing fuel system now , the old pumps and reg could pump Enough flow and pressure just with what it made with small injectors and it went faster than I expected but it's never enough! and I'm building a pretty strong 3.8 and it will be out of the ability for me to tune properly with delco anyway until it goes haltec then I can go nuts with real support and real features but they're not cheap!my plan months ago was to get on here and get some programming help but I've made an extra 100kw without it and now I'm done with it at this level we will see if a retune and bigger fuel system brings more power than what I had ,it's definitely lost power now but that was expected I don't think with maf limitations they will get anything extra but timing it might add a bit of pep

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Gorst coils are equivalent to MSD, they are supposed to be a good product. They are certainly higher voltage than stock. They can be used on boosted vehicles with with stock gap.

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
Goss they are only 20 something dollar coils,they run fine on a normal gap with good leads till about 14psi but I wanted more so tried .030" it still struggled at 18psi but with .020" it hammers on 20plus no sign of break up unless its really pig rich like now lol besides I put em on a load test before I use em and can get a pretty good idea of how they will perform

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Goss or Gorst? I've seen the test results of Gorst and they are as good as MSD and other performance coils. Gorst have to be imported from Ali Express. They are about $40each not $20.

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
The more power an engine makes the higher the cylinder pressure and load put on the ignition, going from a small turbo as I was running and having few ignition issues going to a mid size turbo with a 3" exit and a bit more boost has given enough cylinder pressure to load up the cheapies about as much as they can take , btw I tried the supercheap calibre brand coil they died 1 per week with a new Delphi dfi for a while now the goss coils seem to be lasting but time will tell, there's plenty of l67s and l27s getting around here using the same plugs untouched and cheap coils they seem fine but I'd have to say when they come here with a miss it's most often cheap coils and the famous new looking leads that they all seem to have and therefore black plugs lol

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
Goss repco used to sell em too I think, they seem to be replacing the calibre ones at this supercheap anyway, now I've got to get dirty and put a cat converter in aaargh! not my favourite thing to do but, I bought a new welding helmet today so should less annoying

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ok, Goss, now I understand. Gorst are a high performance coil, Goss are not.

Goss ignition parts are cheap and I wouldn't use them after a quick visual of the Goss DFI. Only DFI I would use is Delphi, even then Delphi is below original OEM, but they are the best without paying the $415 price tag for a GM one. Gorst can be run with stock gaps on mild boost.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hi Anthony,
Have you got GM part number for the $451 price tag please.