Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buick to Ecotec Swap

Weekend Warrior

Waghoon
Reaction score
Website
www.streetwagons.com
Members Ride
Black VZ Wagon
Hey guys, posting this up for a mate of mine.

Ok basically he has found an awesome VR wagon that he wants to get, only problem is that apprently the engine is pretty much stuffed. So basically what he wants to know is roughly how much it will cost to swap the old buick out for a low klm (read anything less that 140 000 in good condition) ecotec. He's going to be looking at getting a mechanic to do the swap for him or a wrecking yard etc.

Also will there be any troubles in doing this conversion all will it all just bolt straight in and away he goes? Any other recommendations?

Thanks heaps - Michael

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I am pretty sure it will go in fine however, you have to use the sump from the buick V6.

And the auto box is different between ecotec and buick so will need to swap engine box and ECU.

But I am not sure.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Check first with Queensland Transport as they may require a modification plate etc....also they will need the new engine number. A lot of things are harder than they first seem.:bang: