Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buick V6 Supercharged

SSbeast

Reaction score
I want to place the Eaton M90 Supercharger on a buick v6 does anyone know if anyone has made an adapter plate for it like the Ecotecs? Cheers

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i have pics of a custom made intake manifold to fit the m90 onto a vr(vn-vr are all similar) using the original manifold, but it sits rather high, ie, out the bonnet.

its definately doable, but will be fun. theres no off the shelf option that i know of, bar the m62 supercharger and manifold that came on the american v6s. this will bolt on, but the supercharger neck points straight out and will hit the firewall without modification to make it go on a 90deg angle.

it really depends what you want and how dedicated you are. the m62 is an easy option if someone can cut the neck down and add a right angle adaptor and flange for a vn throttlebody(american one used a pissy thing with a maf aswell), then just have to find the manifold and charger, complete with fuel rails, would probably need to reco the charger if you wanted to do anything serious with it.

thats by far the easiest way out of it.

otherwise, modifiy stock manifold, cut as much of the top off as you can without fouling the injector rail, then get a plate welded to it for the m90 to bolt onto and hope it fits under the bonnet, or get a bonnet scoop/bulge

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
i have pics of a custom made intake manifold to fit the m90 onto a vr(vn-vr are all similar) using the original manifold, but it sits rather high, ie, out the bonnet.

its definately doable, but will be fun. theres no off the shelf option that i know of, bar the m62 supercharger and manifold that came on the american v6s. this will bolt on, but the supercharger neck points straight out and will hit the firewall without modification to make it go on a 90deg angle.

it really depends what you want and how dedicated you are. the m62 is an easy option if someone can cut the neck down and add a right angle adaptor and flange for a vn throttlebody(american one used a pissy thing with a maf aswell), then just have to find the manifold and charger, complete with fuel rails, would probably need to reco the charger if you wanted to do anything serious with it.

thats by far the easiest way out of it.

otherwise, modifiy stock manifold, cut as much of the top off as you can without fouling the injector rail, then get a plate welded to it for the m90 to bolt onto and hope it fits under the bonnet, or get a bonnet scoop/bulge
Has anyone looked at using the u-bend off a aussie M90 on a M62?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
still gotta have the neck cut and welded to fit it, otherwise its still too long

the american m90 the neck is cast straight out, the aussie m90 casing was redesigned to have the bend in it, so it cleared the firewall, then you bolt the u-bend to that.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
isnt the M62 off the FWD 3800.... I dont know i just remember seeing a 3800 FWD with a supercharger that looked like what ur saying

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yep, the americans had the engine setup in fwd, east-west style, thats why the m62 and m90 on their v6s are so long.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
yep, the americans had the engine setup in fwd, east-west style, thats why the m62 and m90 on their v6s are so long.

I dont think i would like 2 drive a FF s/c 3800 lol

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha, wen u see them doing 9sec 1/4s, id be a little worried about the stability.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Post the same question in the Yella Terra thread maybe their stealth cooler could be used as an adapter plate, also their Terra charger similar to the Holden M90 but with YT elbow might fit better, but anyway they can tell you if it's a do-able option.
Also some one on eBay had one of the Buick V6 S/C manifolds for use with the M62 S/C on sale recently.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/V6-Vn-Vp-Vr-...99722954QQcategoryZ102567QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway get in contact with Yella terra either thru this forum or direct on 03 9555 5522

Cheers Col.

STL.THY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP.S2 Berlina with VS.S3 V6 5spd S/C
how much could you expect to pay for a second hand VS s/c blower in good working order?