Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Build options

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Hmm when I first noticed it I dismissed it as something loose in the drivers door, as that's where it sounded like it was coming from. On the weekend I realised its probably something else. Its coming from the valvetrain area or injectors.

I think it first appeared after I had serviced it in 2020. Prior to that it was sitting for around 8-10 years, not started in that time apart from one attempt around 2006 to get it running. Prior to that, there was never any noise like this.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Had that on my old 5 litre and was a stuffed lifter which caused a bit of damage to that corresponding lobe on the cam so had to do both lifters and cam

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Had that on my old 5 litre and was a stuffed lifter which caused a bit of damage to that corresponding lobe on the cam so had to do both lifters and cam

Might be the perfect excuse for a healthy build!

I actually haven't gotten around to doing anything about this, been smashed all over the place with work and other things.