Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[202] Building a mild 202

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
If you are not worried about fuel usage see if you can get a 500 holley 2 barrel, ran one years ago on a 202 with 10.5:1 compression and a dual pattern Wayne Jones cam, cain manifold and tune length extractors
Went like a scalded cat but drank fuel something silly - think I used to get around 120km for 60L but it was a fun 120Km :eek:)

I have even seem quite a few strong 202 setups running a quadrajet off a 308 as well, even the old 465 holley works well too

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
another option for a carb on a worked 202 is a 465 4 bbl holley on a redline manifold these work well on 202s also vk efi extractors are as good as any and nice and cheap

Last edited:

81vc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore L 3.3
I wanna get a lil more power out of my 202 blue motor stock only mod is extractores

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Best thing I did for my 202 was a exhaust. Well.. Only thing I really did.. And I could really tell the difference
And also it loves when I put hpr30 penrite in haha

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
if you are talking a mild 202, then the combo you listed is way over the top. Won't be very streetable.

Rebore 40thou, go with a set of flat top pistons.
Get the crank and rods checked. Talk to the camshaft manufacturers about the right cam & valve spring combo.
new lifters, bearings (including cam bearings)
replace cam gear (alloy gear is best if you don't mind a bit of gear noise)
balance
Webber carb
factory blue motor HEI distributor
and if the valve seats haven't already been upgraded to run ULP, then make sure you get them done

choose the right cam, set it up right and it should go well, have good street manners and not guzzle too much fuel

Last edited:

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Have to agree with Darren. Your talking the webber off the XF foulcoon right?
40thou is a perfectly balanced engine. Bore to stroke lengths.
Set of VK EFI extractors, if i remember correctly, will bolt up. They will need some customizing to fit, but better then the carby ones.

Thats my 2cents.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Have to agree with Darren. Your talking the webber off the XF foulcoon right?
40thou is a perfectly balanced engine. Bore to stroke lengths.
Set of VK EFI extractors, if i remember correctly, will bolt up. They will need some customizing to fit, but better then the carby ones.

Thats my 2cents.

yep the Falcon Webber, good carb.
Mind you if I was going spend a few $$ upgrading a 202, I'd grab myself a VK EFI intake manifold and hook it up to a VN/VP Delco