Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Building Holden VE Commodore

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I enjoyed the video though can't help but feel a little sad at the lost Australian manufacturing capabilities that our misguided ideological government let slip away :mad:

Meanwhile, everywhere else around the world, governments subsidise vehicle manufacture yet our dumb knuckle leaders decided to throw the baby out with the bath water. Interestingly, other countries have gained new vehicle manufacturing with the aid of heavy government subsidies. Go figure...

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
It was the billion dollar baby.......I really wish they'd spent a billion and one.

Build quality wise they were in no way close to overseas competitors.

I've had 3 VE's now and while I respect them for what they are, they weren't a well built car. I'll never be one of those aussie pride bogans that thinks it was the best car in the world just because it was built here.

I mean when they aren't even water tight *shrug*

Last edited:

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Not a Trump fan by any stretch of the imagination, but he told the manufacturers that if you don't build the products here then we're not going to buy off you.
Subsequently a lot of companies that had been producing off shore
returned and began manufacturing in America again.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
It was the billion dollar baby.......I really wish they'd spend a billion and one.

Build quality wise they were in no way close to overseas competitors.

I've had 3 VE's now and while I respect them for what they are, they weren't a well built car. I'll never be one of those aussie pride bogans that thinks it was the best car in the world just because it was built here.

I mean when they aren't even water tight *shrug*
Quality wise, VE shits on VF....