Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Built Tough! (Crash @ 80km)

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
Well, Fun day so far....

Someone decided to pull out infront of me and BAM, only a little time to put my foot on the brake.

Hasent been assesed yet, but looks like it will be a repair job. (****!!!)

I'm Hoping for a write off...

Air Bag didnt go off! Kinda annoyed at that.
And my little camera was damanged aswell.. trying to get a viedeo recording of the accident off now.

IMG_0774.jpg
IMG_0753.jpg
IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0763.jpg

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
well at least you nailed him good I dont think he will be pulling out in front of anyone soon
Did he get fined for careless driving ?

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
No idea what he will get pingged for. any one in SA got a car for me for about a month? :p I'd preffer a SSV :D
I'm all ok for now. back is a little out of shape.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
its a pain .. literally it hurts (and does a lot of interior damage to the car) .. when the airbags go off. If you were unhurt, then the airbag did what it was supposed to do.. NOT go off unless you needed it to.

You got your revenge though lol.. the other car is a write off and i will give you odds he had no insurance on a junker like that !

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
If thats the other driver standing in front of his car on the tow truck I'm hardly surprised...

Have you managed to have a look at the damage under the bonnet? It could have twisted a chassis rail.

Mitch089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
If thats the other driver standing in front of his car on the tow truck I'm hardly surprised...

haha i thought the same thing...

definitely built tough though if thats all 80k/hr did. in saying that, it doesnt take much for it to end up being a write off

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Lucky no one was killed - that is a fair old wack in the side of that car (Toyota).

I guess he did not see a bright blue VE comming at him - was on country road by the look of it - was it just an 80k zone?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
You will be amazed how easy the front ends on the VE's are to repair. Still going to cost a bit though. Doesn't look like too harder hit but difficult to tell until you look underneath the bonnet etc. Also - are you hurt?? If you are unhurt then chances are you didn't hit hard enough for the airbag to deploy. They are not supposed to go pop in low impact crashes as they can cause serious injury/death themselves in isolated instances.

Reaper

Ps - the other car is rooted lol.