Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Built Tough! (Crash @ 80km)

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Mate, just seen this - sorry to see what happened dude but good to hear your ok! hope your gonna get a nice claim out of this for your back too if needed.

Strange i was talking about this to my mrs the other night... firstly, this is an observation and not in the slightest bit directed as a racist comment...it seems that the biggest cause of accidents or near misses are foreign drivers (as in asian) on SA roads. We've had so many near hits with them either changing lanes with out indication, swerving around roads, sitting up our arse or pulling out at intersections! even had one the other day pull across a cross roads near magill road on a red right turn arrow with cars coming!! (I'm english and been in the country for 5 months (perm resident) but even i know the road rules already!)

Hope it all goes easy mate and the car gets sorted or written off for ya. Would be good to see the video or pics..

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
NOT BEING RACIST OR ANYTHING (just had enough with the retard driving) i agree with ya mate, i recon vicroads and other states laws should make a law for foreigners (asians) to have a massive 1 year course or super probation period that should have their every move monitored in the car VIA the dashboard cameras, and that they should come to the DMV thing every 3 days to get the footage examined, and if anything wrong they have done needs to have consequenses
Mate, just seen this - sorry to see what happened dude but good to hear your ok! hope your gonna get a nice claim out of this for your back too if needed.

Strange i was talking about this to my mrs the other night... firstly, this is an observation and not in the slightest bit directed as a racist comment...it seems that the biggest cause of accidents or near misses are foreign drivers (as in asian) on SA roads. We've had so many near hits with them either changing lanes with out indication, swerving around roads, sitting up our arse or pulling out at intersections! even had one the other day pull across a cross roads near magill road on a red right turn arrow with cars coming!! (I'm english and been in the country for 5 months (perm resident) but even i know the road rules already!)

Hope it all goes easy mate and the car gets sorted or written off for ya. Would be good to see the video or pics..

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
NOT BEING RACIST OR ANYTHING (just had enough with the retard driving) i agree with ya mate, i recon vicroads and other states laws should make a law for foreigners (asians) to have a massive 1 year course or super probation period that should have their every move monitored in the car VIA the dashboard cameras, and that they should come to the DMV thing every 3 days to get the footage examined, and if anything wrong they have done needs to have consequenses

Haha so drastic!!!

Something needs to be done!!!!!!

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
haha yeah nah man seriously back when i was goin tafe last year i nearly got wiped out by an asian driver in a friggin 4x4 atleast once a week on the highway towards geeling because the isdiot didnt indicare or even look
Haha so drastic!!!

Something needs to be done!!!!!!

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
u rather a write off ari666 than repair it. i speak the TRUTH MATE

Why is it people want cars written off when it has minor damage? Don't car owners have faith in smash repairers these days and can't comprehend that a car can be bought back to 'as new' condition? Honestly, I'd much rather accident damage (like what is in this thread) repaired just for the sake of saving hassles of fart-arsing around buying a car again. I've had major damage and also minor damage fixed on my cars and not a single person could/can pick where the repairs were made. Simple thing is, if it isn't fixed to the condition it was in before the accident you keep taking it back until it's right.

SUS.SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SERIES II WAGON
once damaged, it just aint the same again

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 sv6 Spotrswagon
sad to see your car looking like that mate. im suprised you didnt jump out and make the other drivers face look like the front end of your car. :) as long as you werent seriously hurt. thats all that counts. as for repairs to your car, hopefully your car goes to a ver good panel shop, because alot of guys out there cut costs because of pressure from insurance companies. Good luck anyway.

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
it seems that the biggest cause of accidents or near misses are foreign drivers (as in asian) on SA roads.
True True

The guy even said that i should say it was my fault so my insurance covers his. Dodgy barstard aswell

Why is it people want cars written off when it has minor damage? Don't car owners have faith in smash repairers these days and can't comprehend that a car can be bought back to 'as new' condition?

I Do IT work for 6 smash repairers, I wouldnt trust them with a screw driver, yet alone my $55000 car.

saving hassles of fart-arsing around buying a car again.

Your not doing it right then, Buying a new car is great fun. I love it. Make the dealer bend over backwards for you.

Simple thing is, if it isn't fixed to the condition it was in before the accident you keep taking it back until it's right.

Oh, and thats not a hassle? means i would need to leave my car there while it fix it, and get another hire car for the day.

once damaged, it just aint the same again

True

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Hassle isn't buying a car, hassle is getting it repaired! I had my BMW 325ci sport convertible trashed front to back by a lorry. I had to send it back for 2 full resprays as they messed it up twice and tried to get me to accept it. Left me with a crap car for 6 weeks and after that your mind plays tricks on you ... Start wondering if it's the right colour etc or the quality doesn't seem right anymore ...

Give me a write off any day !