Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bulbs, bulbs, bulbs!@@!$&(*$&@

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Hi guys, question for you all.

I need to replace a few dash bulbs in my 2002 VXII Clubsport.

I know how to get at them but I don't know where to get standard ones apart from Holden (totally not paying Holden bulb prices though) and I'm not looking to change colour schemes or any of that stuff, just after standard globes.

Ok, so I'm looking to get these, if someone can tell me where to get standard globes I'd appreciate it, I want to do it all in one hit.

Behind the fuel gauge -
PWR button -
Fog light switch -
Rear passenger window switch -

possibly (I actually have spare switches that I believe have good bulbs but would like to know all the same in case I don't have them).

Mode switch -
Hazard switch -

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Ebay, china, just search for the correct size ex, T5 , T10 etc and replace them with LED's, I usually get about 10x each size for about $4 each size, delivered to my door on the slow boat from china.

bobowaytoway | eBay

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ebay, china, just search for the correct size ex, T5 , T10 etc and replace them with LED's, I usually get about 10x each size for about $4 each size, delivered to my door on the slow boat from china.

bobowaytoway | eBay

well a) I don't want LED and b) I don't know what size is what having not had to change these before now.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
did you find the info?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
AFIK T5 are the smaller ones and T10 are the larger ones.

Take some samples into your auto parts store for reference.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
In the picss below
Blue bulb is the mode button bulb for the trip computer

Black next to it is the cluster ones and is is a T5 12 volt 1.2 watt Wedge Base Capless Miniature Light Bulb
These are the ones which go into the fuel gauge, and speedo lights etc.
These can be taken out of its black cap easily enough and replaced. Easy to do

Power/traction/fog/hazard switch is different.
12V Mini Lamps
12V Mini Lamps - Small - Jaycar Electronics
With these, you have to strip the plastic near the bulb carefully and then remove the wire and feed them through the hole in the surround and wrap em around like the original.
Then use a small amount of acrylic silver/glue to hold wire in place (dont use glue on contact side, on the underside only.)

Strip the wire from the base but take both and go to Jaycar with the globe.
From memory is a 1-3 watt with yellow wiring but looks like the one above in the jaycar picture.
As above, easy to install once you know how to.
These cost about $1 - $1.30 each
Holden $6-$9 from last check or go to a wreckers.

Now hazards, foggies are switches that are friggen easy to do.
The Power and Tractions the real bastard.
I had to remove the whole centre console, gear surround and gear lever to remove everything so i have easy access to the switches.

Otherwise, easy to break the gear selector base plate and the switches are very hard to remove as there are two clips on the underside of the base plate on the switch you have to press in real hard as well to release it. One clip is large and other is small but there is two clips on each switch.

In my post HERE Took me 6hrs to do the switches and other ****. Its not a quick job matey.

Pics of lights below. The Bulb reference list is confusing, hence added normal pics

lights01.jpg

lights02.jpg

lights03.jpg

lights04.JPG

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Uni you are a legend this is more than I was after, appreciate all your effort posting this.

I only want to do this once as I want to disassemble the console to do a chrome shifter button as well.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
handy tip, duct tape to hold the shift button down or something like wire to enable removing the gear selector pin

Some other write ups say you need a second person to press it down, but some duct tape or similar to not damage the surface of the gear knob and button and presto.

Can easily do without it, just gotta do things one handed, like a one handed clap ;)