Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bulk oil, Sydney

shakey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
Hey everyone, I was wondering where would you buy a bulk lot of engine oil from (20 litres +) in Sydney. I do high kms plus i change family members oil as well. I'm thinking it would save a few bucks. Do you think I could get a 44 gallon drum thrown on the back of the ute at one of the refineries?

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
That's an awesome idea, might look around my self. Wouldn't you be able to go to one of the places that you buy oil from and just ask if they can supply you in bulk for a cheaper price, i'm sure they can do you a deal.

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
ask your local machanic i will almost bet my weeks they buy it in 44s

shakey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
the local mechanics an idea. bulk has got to be the way to go, retail prices for stuff is ridiculous. what gets me is the price differences for the same stuff at different places. highway robbery.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
ask your local machanic i will almost bet my weeks they buy it in 44s

I think you will find most just buy the 5L bottles in bulk, lowering the cost.

the local mechanics an idea. bulk has got to be the way to go, retail prices for stuff is ridiculous. what gets me is the price differences for the same stuff at different places. highway robbery.

It really depends on the price stores are paying. Some places are probably paying more for the oil from their supplier than you can buy it for on special at Supercheap etc., and profit has to be added onto the price they purchase it for also. If they're not going to make enough money from the product to justify having it, then there is no point stocking it.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Of course you can buy it in bulk, just need to know where to look. I buy my mobil one in 20 litre drums all the time, saves at least $70, meaning i get pretty much 5 litres for free!
I also have the option of getting it in a 44 so it's available no worries. Just go down to your local depot and they'll hook you up. What oil are you looking for?

shakey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
Hey Juzo, I was thinking of mobil 1 actually. When you say local depot, what you mean? Just a side Q. Is mobil 1 refined in Aus. or imported?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I know Nulon definately sell to consumers in 20L drums. I'd just try ordering through Autobarn/Supercheap etc. Wouldn't surprise me if most oils were available in similar quantities over the counter.